Active Query Builder .NET updated
Latest release adds support for VistaDB 4.0 and includes Brazilian Portuguese translation.
Visually building a query for a SQL Server database.
Active Query Builder .NET Edition is a visual query builder component suite that allows your end-users to build complex SQL queries with unions and sub queries via an intuitive visual interface. Active Query Builder .NET Edition supports Visual Studio 2005, Windows.Forms environment (100% Managed Code, No direct Win32 interop calls).
The following editions are also available:
Updates in V1.11
- Support VistaDB 4.0 is implemented
- Portuguese (Brazil) translation is added
- SQLite: The query properties form is implemented, Ability to fetch metadata from "attached" databases is added
- Oracle: Retrieval of descriptions for objects and fields from the database is implemented
- The LIKE criteria parsing is improved. Manually entered criteria like "LIKE John Doe" will be distinguished as "LIKE 'John Doe'"
- Basic support for custom aggregate functions is implemented
- MS SQL Server: Custom aggregate functions retrieval is made
- MS SQL Server: Parsing of DatePart, DateName, DateDiff, DateAdd functions is fixed
- MS SQL Server: Fixed parsing of fields with names matching datatype names, like "DateTime"
- Oracle: Parsing of the SEED keyword is fixed
- Oracle: Parsing of "CONNECT BY" and "START WITH" clauses sequence is fixed
- Oracle and PostgreSQL: interval literals support is added
- Firebird: List of reserved words is imported into the grammar
- The INNER keyword can be omitted now in join specifications for Firebird and MS SQL Server via the InnerKeywordInLinks property
- SQL dialects without databases support (like Oracle) didn't skip default schema from object names. Fixed now
- Unambiguous reading metadata from XML generated by other AQB Editions (VCL/ActiveX, Java) is made
- CROSS JOIN processing bug is fixed
- New properties in the QueryBuilder and PlainTextSQLBuilder components: AsKeywordInExpressionAlias and AsKeywordInObjectAlias. You can use them to force the query builder to always show or omit AS keyword before aliases
- The new events DatasourceFieldRemoving, DatasourceFieldRemoved are added to control removal of fields by unchecking them from the datasource field list
- The new properties are made to control case sensitivity of metadata filter items: MetadataFilterItem.SchemaMaskCaseSensitive and MetadataFilterItem.ObjectMaskCaseSensitive
- The new property is added to create aliases automatically based on alternate names: SelectListOptions.CreateColumnAliasesFromAltNames
- API changes: MetadataFieldNameList class is renamed to MetadataQualifiedNameList
About Active Database Software
Active Database Software, Ltd. is a privately owned software development company. Established in 2005, Active Database Software offers solutions for professional database developers especially designed to make software development easier, faster and more effective. The company aims to provide technologies that save development time by combining powerful capabilities with unmatched ease-of-use.