PD4ML now supports PDF/A
Version 3.6.x also adds command-line HTML-to-PDF converter and basic HTTP authentication support.
Converting an HTML page to PDF with PD4ML.
PD4ML is a PDF generating tool that uses HTML and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) as page layout and content definition format. Written in 100% pure Java, it allows users to easily add PDF generation functionality to end products. With PD4ML you can control PDF page size, orientation and page breaks, while adding formatted headers, footers and page numbering. PD4ML is Unicode compatible to support most of Asian, Middle-East, European and Latin character sets. True Type and Open Type fonts embedding is supported including font styling such as Bold and Italic.
Updates in 3.6.x
- New API method pd4ml.useHttpRequest(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) allows PD4ML to load resources via HTTP RequestDispatcher
- New API method pd4ml.clearCache() removes all internally cached resources
- ­ entity support
- New configuration switch m.put(PD4Constants.PD4ML_ABSOLUTE_ADDRESS_SPACE, "document") to switch PD4ML into backward compatibility mode of absolute positioning
- Pd4Cmd command-line HTML-to-PDF converter
- Tooltips from TITLE attributes
- New PD4Util class with the first utility methods: pd4fonts.properties generation API
- Page-oriented address space for absolutely positioned elements.
- Basic HTTP authentication support
- A possibility to define bottom and top borders for table breaksJSP taglib mapping of PD4ML.setDynamicParams()
- Blank page suppress logic
- MIME decoder for Lotus Notes attachments
- PDF/A< support (PD4ML Volume DMS Edition)
- pd4ml:toc tag can be inserted at any place of the document now.
- pd4ml:page.break tag allows to control document page numbering and to insert an extra blank page to guarantee the next page is even or odd