Active Query Builder for .NET updated
Visually building a query for a SQL Server database.
Active Query Builder for .NET is a visual query builder component suite that allows your end-users to build complex SQL queries with unions and sub queries via an intuitive visual interface. Active Query Builder .NET Edition supports Visual Studio 2005 and 2008, Windows.Forms environment (100% Managed Code, No direct Win32 interop calls). The Active Query Builder ASP.NET Edition is designed for ASP.NET 2.0 environment, it provides a native and easy way to embed visual query building functionality into your ASP.NET projects. Active Query Builder ASP.NET Edition is based on Active Query Builder .NET (Windows Forms) Edition. Utilizing the same powerful SQL parsing engine, it's end-user Web interface has much in common with the ancestor.
Updates in v1.15
- The Select checkbox is checked automatically now on adding a new expression.
- Grouping is set automatically now on specifying the aggregate for a column now.
- The numbers entered into condition for string fields are treated as literals.
- The "=TRUE" condition is set automatically on adding a logical expression now. Useful on adding the EXISTS expressions.
- Automatic alias assignment is made when user adds two or more columns with same name to the query. The warning message is shown when multiple columns with same name appear in sub-queries in result of user actions as this may lead to inconsistence in the calling sub-query.
- The new UserMessage event is added. It is fired when the Query Builder is about to show the warning message to the user. You may override this behavior by handling this event.
SQL Syntax changes
- SQLite: The component can load foreign keys now.
- SQLite: The list of aggregates and built-in functions is filled now.
- MS SQL Server: Fetching metadata object descriptions from database is made.
- MySQL Query Properties form is redesigned.
- MySQL: The SELECT [DISTINCT|ALL] options are added to the query properties dialog.
WinForms .NET Edition specific changes:
- Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Swedish and Turkish translations are added; Spanish and Polish translations are updated
- Algorithm of automatic objects placement on the diagram pane is improved
- Memory consumption and performance optimizations are made, memory leaks are eliminated
About Active Database Software
Active Database Software, Ltd. is a privately owned software development company. Established in 2005, Active Database Software offers solutions for professional database developers especially designed to make software development easier, faster and more effective. The company aims to provide technologies that save development time by combining powerful capabilities with unmatched ease-of-use.