Active Query Builder ActiveX Edition updated
Visually building a query for a SQL Server database.
Active Query Builder ActiveX Edition is a visual query builder component which gives your end-users the ability to create complex SQL queries containing unions and sub-queries via an intuitive visual interface. Active Query Builder has complete support of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Interbase/Firebird, SQLite and ANSI-92 SQL dialects and can be integrated with your application by setting a few properties or adding a few lines of code.
Updates in 1.17
- The Select checkbox is checked automatically now on adding a new expression.
- Grouping is set automatically now on specifying the aggregate for a column now.
- The numbers entered into condition for string fields are treated as literals.
- The "=TRUE" condition is set automatically on adding a logical expression now. Useful on adding the EXISTS expressions.
- Automatic alias assignment is made when user adds two or more columns with same name to the query. The warning message is shown when multiple columns with same name appear in sub-queries in result of user actions as this may lead to inconsistence in the calling sub-query.
- The new UserMessage event is added. It is fired when the Query Builder is about to show the warning message to the user. You may override this behavior by handling this event.
SQL Syntax changes
- SQLite: The component can load foreign keys now.
- SQLite: The list of aggregates and built-in functions is filled now.
- MS SQL Server: Fetching metadata object descriptions from database is made.
- MySQL Query Properties form is redesigned.
- MySQL: The SELECT [DISTINCT|ALL] options are added to the query properties dialog.
ActiveX Edition specific changes:
- Nexus DB 3: Metadata fetching is made.
- Language files are converted to UTF8. The component allows to read language files in both ANSI and UTF8 encoding now.
- OLE drag-and-drop of text items to design area and criteria grid is made.
About Active Database Software
Active Database Software, Ltd. is a privately owned software development company. Established in 2005, Active Database Software offers solutions for professional database developers especially designed to make software development easier, faster and more effective. We put a lot of effort in to provide technologies which save development time by combining powerful capabilities with unmatched ease-of-use.