CliSecure Major Features
- CliSecure Code protection - CliSecure offers better protection for your .NET code by providing a protection that goes beyond standard obfuscation methods. The protection employed by CliSecure completely hides the IL code stored in the assembly methods, replacing the method bodies with empty method stubs.
- CliSecure Entity Renaming - renames metadata symbols including: class, field, method, properties, method parameters and generic parameter names to irreversible names that have no semantic meaning.
- CliSecure Cross Assembly Obfuscation - allows renaming of external references thus dramatically increasing the number of renamed constructs. For example, if class A declared in assembly A is referenced from assembly B and CliSecure renames class A to A1, it will also rename B's external reference from A to A1.
- CliSecure Control Flow Obfuscation - hides the code flow of the program by transforming existing code flow patterns to semantically equivalent constructs, however different than the code originally written. The control flow obfuscation algorithm converts the original implementation into spaghetti code thus making it extremely harder to infer program logic. CliSecure ensures that application code flow of the obfuscated assembly remains intact.
- CliSecure Method Call Obfuscation - replaces calls to external members with dynamic methods created at runtime. The actual call is made using the method's metadata token rather than the method's name, this make it harder to understand the application's logic as it is no longer possible to browse through the code flow using standard reflector tools. Use this method to hide away external calls to the .NET class library as well as calls to methods declared in assemblies developed by your company and referenced from within an obfuscated assembly.
- CliSecure Assembly Merging - merging allows a set of assemblies to be combined into a single file. This can be used to merge an executable file with its supporting dynamic linked libraries (DLLs) to allow you to distribute a runnable program as a single file. It can also be used to simplify large libraries that would otherwise include multiple DLLs with each needing to be referenced from the project that utilizes them. Merging reduces the total size of the deployment and improves the application load time because the windows loader doesn't have to load lots of dll files.
- CliSecure String Encryption - a common attacker will often search deployed assemblies for strings containing keywords such as 'GetLicense' or 'Invalid License'. By locating such strings, hackers attempt to circumvent the license protection embedded in the product they are hacking. CliSecure transforms strings used in the source code into encrypted strings, the strings are decrypted on the fly when needed.
- CliSecure x64 platform support - Supports 32-bit and 64-bit applications Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 support - Support all versions of the .NET framework including version 4.0, the framework that ships with windows 7.
- CliSecure Mixed-mode Assemblies Support - CliSecure can obfuscate mixed-mode assemblies. Debugging - One of the side effects of obfuscation is the difficulty of debugging obfuscated code. Exceptions generated and reported by a user will typically include obfuscated method and class names making it almost impossible to trace back the stack trace in the source code. CliSecure .NET obfuscator generates a clearly labelled map file containing a detailed description of the obfuscated entities and their original names, this information is essential to the user in interpreting debugger output from the obfuscated assembly.
OS Compatibility - Express, Professional and Team Editions
- Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista
- Windows 7
- 32-bit Platform Support
- 64-bit Platform Support
.NET Compatibility - Express, Professional and Team Editions
- Supports .NET 2.0 and Later
- WinForms Applications
- Console Applications
- .NET Components
- Windows Services
- Visual Studio 2005
- Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Studio 2010
- Pass PEVerify
Obfuscation - Express, Professional and Team Editions
- Entity Renaming
- Declarative Obfuscation
- Renaming resources by their respective classes (ErrorStrings.resx, Form.resx)
- Control Flow Obfuscation
- Code Shrinking
.NET Code Protection - Professional and Team Edition only
- MSIL Encryption
- Method Level Protection (JIT Decryption)
- Compatible with ClickOnce deployment
- String Encryption
- JIT String Decryption
- Protects Mixed-Mode Assembly (Managed C++)
- Disables Memory Dumping
- Software Watermarking
DRM Solution - Professional and Team Edition only
- License generated using strong public/private RSA keys
- Hardware Locking
- Create Software Subscriptions
- Create Trial Editions
- Restrict usage of the protected software by number of days from its installation
- Restrict usage of the protected software by a set date