What’s new in OLAP for Silverlight 2013 v3
- Axis Annotation Grouping - C1OlapChart has improved handling for axis annotations when more than one field (or dimension) is placed in the rows or columns boxes. The grouping feature can be activated using the GroupAnnotations property in C1OlapPage or C1OlapGrid.
- Custom Columns Support - C1OlapGrid now supports the addition of custom, unbound (or Template) columns. Use this feature to extend the grid and provide your own custom columns such as hyperlinks or additional calculations not supported by the C1OlapEngine.
- Added Export options to C1OlapPage to export C1OlapGrid to different formats.
- Added ShowReportOptions method to C1OlapPage. You can now open the report options dialog through code for custom UIs.
- Added the ChartTitle property to C1OlapChart. You can now easily customize the title of the chart.
What's New in ComponentOne Studio for Silverlight 2013 v2.5 (Part of ComponentOne OLAP for Silverlight)
- Visual Studio 2013 RC Support
- Windows 8.1 Preview Support
What’s new in OLAP for Silverlight 2011 v3
- Axis Annotation Grouping - C1OlapChart has improved handling for axis annotations when more than one field is placed in the row or column boxes.
- Custom Columns Support - C1OlapGrid now supports the addition of custom, unbound columns.
ComponentOne OLAP for Silverlight provides analysis without the cubes. Create interactive tables, charts, and reports using ComponentOne OLAP for Silverlight. This suite of Silverlight controls provides analytical processing features similar to those found in Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts. Drag-and-drop views give you real-time information, insights, and results in seconds.
ComponentOne OLAP for Silverlight incldues the following controls
- C1OlapPanel - Provides the raw data for the analysis using a DataSource property as well as a drag-and-drop interface for defining custom views of the data. The panel is visually similar to the Microsoft Excel Pivot Table UI.
- C1OlapGrid - Displays OLAP tables. It extends the C1FlexGrid control and provides automatic data binding to C1OlapPanel objects, grouped row and column headers as well as custom behaviors for resizing columns, copying data to the clipboard, and showing details for any given cell.
- C1OlapChart - Displays OLAP charts. It extends the C1Chart control and provides automatic data binding to C1OlapPanel objects, automatic tooltips, chart type and palette selection.
- C1OlapPage - Groups Panel, Chart, and the Grid in one easy-to-use tabbed interface. Just drop the page control and set the data source. You can develop your own custom interface using only the basic controls instead of the C1OlapPage.
OLAP for Silverlight also includes the entire ComponentOne Studio for Silverlight control suite.
- Studio for Silverlight - Add over 50 UI components to your toolbox and take your applications to the next level. With advanced data visualization, editing, layout and navigation controls, Studio for Silverlight will make your OLAP applications shine.
ComponentOne OLAP for Silverlight Features:
- Code-free Data Analysis - To create the simplest OLAP application, just create an empty Silverlight application, drop the C1OlapPage control on the page, and connect to a data source. It's that easy. Run your application and go.
- Dynamic Views - Dynamically create data views by dragging fields into the row, column and value lists. This will give you a summary of your data. You can also summarize your data by modifying the filters. The UI is similar to Microsoft Excel.
- Subtotals and Grand Totals - The OLAP Grid automatically calculates grand totals for each slice of your data. If you measure multiple dimensions the OLAP Grid can also calculate subtotals with collapsible headers.
- Multiple Value Fields - You may add as many value fields to a view as you want. This enables users to aggregate totals for multiple measures from the data set. For example, create a view that compares both total revenue and cost side-by-side.
- Conditional Formatting - Simple properties make it easy to apply conditional formatting to the C1OlapGrid. Conditional format thresholds may be specified as absolute values or as percentages. Make certain values stand out to draw attention. For example, apply a unique style for values in the top 10% and another style for values in the bottom 10%.
- OLAP Charting - The C1OlapChart control is used to display OLAP charts. It supports five different chart types (Bar, Column, Area, Line and Scatter), automatic tooltips, stacking and palette selection.
- Print Reports - Directly print the C1OlapGrid and C1OlapChart together in a single report. Users can customize scaling, page margins, headers and footers, and insert time stamps, page counts and a title for the report.
- Filtering - To narrow down the data pool, use the filter feature. You can filter on multiple fields. Just right-click on the field you would like to filter and select Field Settings. From the Field Settings dialog box, you can create your custom text filter. No coding required. The filter settings get saved with the OLAP view so they are there the next time you load the view.
- Totals and Aggregates - Choose from many different aggregations for the totals (Value field). Choose from Sum, Count, Average, Maximum, Minimum, First, Last, Variance, Standard Deviation, and Variance Population.
- Data Formatting - Format the value field in the Field Settings dialog. Select from decimal, currency, and percentage formats; or create custom format strings.
- View Underlying Records - You can see the underlying records behind each aggregated value in the OLAP grid by double-clicking any cell.
- Undo/Redo History Support - As you make changes to the OLAP view you can undo and redo steps.
- Save/Load Views - ReadXml and WriteXml methods allow you to persist views to files and streams. These methods make it very easy to implement predefined views and expose them in a menu so your end-user can select them.
- Customizable User Interface - OLAP for Silverlight exposes most of the components it contains, which makes customization straightforward. You can add, remove or change the elements from the Menu, the TabControl, and you can also add other elements to the page in addition to the C1OlapPanel, C1OlapGrid and C1OlapChart.
- Over 50 Additional UI Components - ComponentOne OLAP for Silverlight includes Studio for Silverlight. Complete your application with rich editors, layout controls, advanced navigation and more.
ComponentOne Support is offered in Standard or Platinum levels.
Standard Support Includes:
- Access to hotfix builds
- ComponentOne Blogs
- ComponentOne Forums
- Access to 3 major releases per year
- Online Support
- Email Project for Analysis
Platinum Support Adds:
- 24 Hour FastTrack Response (excluding weekends and observerd US holidays)
- Phone Support
ComponentOne Platinum Support Subscriptions provide a full year of Telephone and Online Technical Support. ComponentOne Technical Support Engineers are available by phone Monday through Friday, except U.S. holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern,USA. Customers outside the USA, please remember to check your time difference for phone support.