What’s new in DevExpress Silverlight 14.1?
- Silverlight Chart Control - Improve the performance of your Silverlight apps when displaying/aggregating large amounts of chart data.
- New Charts Series Types - New Nested Doughnut and Funnel series views. The Silverlight Nested Doughnut is similar to the Doughnut series view - Nested Doughnuts compare series by positioning one doughnut inside another. The Silverlight Funnel series offers multiple use-cases. For instance, it can represent stages in the sales process and display the amount of potential revenue across each stage.
- Improved Charts Export and Printing - You can now preview and print the contents of the Silverlight Chart control, export your chart to an image file (multiple file formats are supported), a PDF file, an image embedded in an HTML page or an image embedded in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Chart Migration Improvements -This release includes TextPattern properties, designed to simplify text customization of series labels, axis labels and legend items.
- Office 2013 Inspired Palettes - Blue Warm, Blue, Blue II, Blue Green, Green, Green Yellow, Yellow, Yellow Orange, Orange, Red, Red Orange, Red Violet, Violet, Violet II, Median, Paper, Marquee and Slipstream.
- Zoom to Region - You are now able to select a map region and zoom into it.
- Select Multiple Items - With this new feature, you can press 'SHIFT' and select any region on a map. This will automatically select all map items located within this region.
- Silverlight Rich Edit - With this release, the Silverlight Rich Text Editor supports third-party document comments (DOC, DOCX, RTF), including export and import.
What’s new in DevExpress Silverlight 13.2.5?
- Ability to fix, print, export and serialize bands.
- Support for horizontal virtualization and hit testing.
- Ability to display group summaries within group footers.
- Support for map item virtualization via Web services to provide faster performance.
- The Chart control provides MVVM support in the series selection and data points scenarios.
- The chart control introduces legend checkboxes which allow end-users to toggle visibility of various chart elements.
What's new in DevExpress Silverlight 13.1?
Data Grid Enhancements
- Banded View: Ability to arrange column headers into Bands and create multi-row layouts.
- Design-Time enhancements: Smart-tags, ItemsSource Configuration Wizard.
- Printing/Export: print selected rows, print/export all details in Master-Detail, print/export group summaries aligned by columns.
Map Control Enhancements
- Automatically color map shapes (added manually or loaded from different shape formats) based on geographic data.
- Support for two types of color legends: color scale and color list.
- Built-in Tooltips.
- Select map elements using selection modes such as Single, Multiple and Extended.
- Generate elements from a data source.
Range Control Integration
- The Range Control is designed to help end-users select intervals and data ranges. When integrated with the DevExpress Scheduler Control, it behaves like a timeline track bar, and allows quick timeline navigation and selection of date intervals.
Visual Studio Template Gallery
- The Template Gallery provides a unified way to use DevExpress templates. It features filtering and searching mechanisms and contains sample images and descriptions for each template. It simplifies the way in which selections are made for individual projects.
DevExpress Silverlight includes all Silverlight components engineered by Developer Express. This subscription type does not include source code nor priority support.
Components designed for Silverlight platforms
- Data Grid for Silverlight
- Menu-Toolbar for Silverlight
- Layout Manager for Silverlight
- Rich Text Editor for Silverlight
- Data Editors for Silverlight
- Spell Checker for Silverlight
- Book Control for Silverlight
- Window & Dialog for Silverlight
- Tab Control for Silverlight
- Transition Animator for Silverlight
- DXGauges for Silverlight
- DXTreeList for Silverlight
- The AgDataGrid Suite includes a Silverlight Grid Control accompanied by data editors that can be used standalone or for in-place cell editing. The grid's main features include the following:
- Unlimited data grouping and sorting against multiple columns.
- Total and group summaries for any grid column.
- Sorting group rows by corresponding summary values.
- Microsoft Excel style data filtering.
- Built-in data editing capabilities.
- Row preview sections (with animation).
- Full support for templates (for cell content, cell editing, row preview and headers).
- Virtual StackPanel Row Container (simply means we are able to handle an unlimited number of rows)
- Multi-row and muti-cell selection.
- End-user column movement and resizing.
Smart UI Element Management
- AgDataGrid implements a smart loading and re-organization of the grid's inner UI elements to provide smaller control load times and faster data operations.
- Designed for Future Performance Enhancements
- With the measurement routines you don't have to think in terms of pixels - which you do with the standard Silverlight grid. Just like other advanced controls for older platforms, you simply specify styles and fonts and all element sizes are automatically modified.
Full Animation Support
- AgDataGrid fully supports animations for group row expansion, preview row display and other operations.
The DevExpress Rich Text Editor allows you to introduce Microsoft Word like text editing features into your next Silverlight application with ease. The AgRichEdit provides advanced text formatting capabilities and delivers numerous end-user options helping you deliver compelling business solutions for the Silverlight platform.
Text Formatting Features
- Character and Paragraph Formatting - Provides all formatting features you would expect from a word processor. Characters can be formatted using different settings for font, font size, character style - bold, italics, underlined, strike-through style and different colors for background and foreground. Formatting options for paragraphs include alignment, indentation, variable paragraph and line spacing.
- Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Styles - Document formatting can be stored and applied by using styles. Styles facilitate quick modification of a document's formatting and allow centralized control of formatting options. The editor supports both paragraph and character based styles, as well as multiple style inheritance. Stylesheets are compatible with MS Word.
- Multi-column Document Layout - This functionality allows you to flow text across multiple columns.
- Document Sections - Documents can be partitioned into a number of different sections with individual page settings.
Text Editing Features
- Clipboard - ASCII and RTF formats are used by built-in clipboard operations.
- Find and Replace - The AgRichEdit allows you to initiate these operations via code and also provides a complete UI solution available to your end-users without having to write a single line of code.
- Unlimited Undo and Redo Operations
- Images - The AgRichEdit allows you to embed images the following formats: JPEG, PNG and BMP.
- Built-in Spelling Checker - The AgRichEdit control has built-in support for spell checking.
- Predefined Views - Like in Microsoft Word, AgRichEdit provides multiple predefined document layouts and allow you to freely switch between them while working on your document. You can be editing, reading or formatting a document.
- Zooming Documents In and Out - All text processing features are available at any zoom level.
- Full Localization Support - Every UI element can be translated to another language.
- Load and Save Documents - RTF and Plain Text (TXT) formats are supported.
- Multi-threaded Formatting - Document formatting is implemented as a multi-threaded job. This significantly enhances the editor’s performance when loading a document or making substantial modifications to it, resulting in a more responsive application.