What's New in FastReport.NET 2015.2
The main changes include the improvement of WebReport and On-line Designer objects interaction.
- Updated Japanese resources
- Fixed bug with opening frx/fpx files with Unicode signature in begin of file
- Fixed bug with CantFindObject exception in report reader in WebMode
- Fixed bug with saving empty Excel 2007 files
- Fixed RichTextQuality in PDF export
- Added Preview button in File menu in Ribbon toolbar
- Added export in Prepared report
- Page breaks in export to Excel 2007 from WebReport now disabled by default
- Fixed bug with exception CantFindObject in WebReport
- Fixed bug with preview from designer in ASPX mode
- Fixed bug with designer position
- Fixed bug with report load in designer in ASPX mode
- Added report exporting methods in Service
On-line Report Designer Changes
- Added barcodes Aztec, Plessey, GS1-128/EAN-128
- Added support of hierarchical data arrays with BusinessObjects
- Added Aliases for data sources
- Added copy/paste of TableObject and MatrixObject
- Added enable/disable of rows/columns in tabled objects
- Added MatrixObject
- Added more space between bands
- Band height reduced twice on mobile devices
- Cancel of creating object by ESC
- Added scale of report page with "ctrl + mousewheel"
- Added save of report on keys "ctrl + s"
- Added corners highlight of selected objects
- Added objects SimpleGauge, LinearGauge
- Changed panels with properties and events
- Improved work with TableObject
- Changed design of trees in Report Tree, data and in Expression Editor
- Improved of parse of report with error reporting
- The icons are same as in desktop designer
- Added tab View change of settings of grid and units
- Changes in style of object creation
- Changed search algorithm of objects on page with selection
- Fixed bug with duplicate component/bands names
- Fixed bug with cell deletion in table object
- Fixed bug with deletion of child bands in last band of page
- Fixed bug with band resize to 0
- Fixed bug with save of included objects in frx report
- Fixed bug in TableObject with adding of rows and columns
- Fixed bug in TableCell with RowSpan and ColSpan
- Fixed bug with table witdh and height
- Fixed bug with selecting of non valid fields
- Fixed bug with showing of messages when toolbar is hidden
- Fixed bug with moving of child cells of table beside a left side
- Fixed bug with adding of new object on the mobile devices
- Fixed bug with create object on scaled page
- Fixed bug with create object inside a cell of table
- Fixed bug with positioning of LineObject in Firefox
What's New in FastReport.NET 2015.1
- New interface styles and Ribbon toolbar. New styles: Office 2010 (Silver), Office 2010 (Blue), Office 2010 (Black), Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2012 (Light), Office 2013.
- Added RESTful service in FastReport.Service.dll
- Added new Aztec, Plessey barcode
- Added GS1-128 (formerly known as UCC-128 or EAN-128) barcode.Currently supports only numeric values.
- Added new properties in WebReport: DesignReport, DesignScriptCode, DesignerPath, DesignerSavePath, DesignerSaveCallBack, PrintInBrowser, SinglePage
- Added property CSVExport.NoQuotes that disables quotation marks in CSV export
- Updated demos
- Updated japanese, greek resources
- Reduced memory consumption in WebReport
FASTREPORT.NET - Report Elements
- FASTREPORT.NET is a band-oriented report generator. There are 13 types of bands available: Report Title, Report Summary, Page Header, Page Footer, Column Header, Column Footer, Data Header, Data, Data Footer, Group Header, Group Footer, Child, Overlay. In addition, you may use subreports which are fully supported. Wide range of band types allows you to create any kind of report: list, master-detail, group, multi-column, master-detail-detail and many more.
- Wide range of report objects available: text, picture, lines, shapes, barcodes, matrix, table, rich text, checkbox, chart.
- Report can consist of several design pages. Thus you can build a report that consists of cover, data and back cover - all in one file.
- The Table object allows you to build a table-type report with variable number of rows and/or columns, just like in the MS Excel. Aggregate functions are also available.
- Powerful, fully configurable Matrix object that can be used to print pivot tables.
- Powerful Chart object that uses Microsoft Chart for .Net (based on Dundas charts). More than 30 series types, 3D support, powerful data processing fetaures and many more.
- FastReport.Net uses GDI+ rendering, so you can use all nice GDI+ features such as smooth fonts and graphics, semitransparent fills, gradients. This will help to create very nice looking reports.
- Report inheritance. You have many reports with common elements such as titles, logos, footers? Put the common elements into base report and inherit all other reports from a base. This feature also may be used to create localized versions of your reports.
FASTREPORT.NET - Report Designer
- FASTREPORT.NET does not use MS Visual Studio IDE to create and modify reports, like many other reporting tools do. Instead, it contains powerful visual report designer that supports zooming, undo/redo, guidelines, rulers. It has fully customizable interface with MS Visual Studio look. Report designer can be used in run-time, so you can give your users the ability to modify existing reports and create new ones. Report designer is run-time royalty-free.
- The Report Structure control visualizes the logical structure of your report. It helps you to better understand the report (especially if you are not its author).
- Standard Report wizard. Perform 5 steps and get well-shaped, ready-to-use report.
- Label wizard supports most of label types and helps you to create label report in a few mouse clicks.
- The report designer can be used in MDI (Multi-Document Interface) mode to allow work with several reports at one time.
FASTREPORT.NET - Data Processing
- FASTREPORT.NET works with data from ADO.NET data sources. It has ability to sort and filter data rows, to use master-detail relations and lookup data columns. Everything can be done with a few mouse clicks.
- Direct connect to ADO, MS SQL, xml-based databases. Other connectors available as plug-ins.
- Ability to get data from business objects of IEnumerable type.
- Report can contain data sources (tables, queries, DB connections). Thus you can not only use application-defined datasets, but connect to any databases and use tables and queries right inside a report.
- FASTREPORT.NET has a built-in script engine that supports two .NET languages, C# and VB.NET. You can use all .NET power in your reports to perform complex data handling, manage the interaction with dialogue forms and many more.
- Report can contain dialogue forms to ask for some parameters before the report is run. Dialog controls have built-in data filtering feature that allows you to view the data from a report data source and filter it in a few mouse clicks without writing a line of code.
- Using visual query builder, you don't have to learn the SQL language to create a complex query from several data tables.
FASTREPORT.NET - Preview, Print, Export
- Handy MS Word-style preview window.
- Ability to search text in the prepared report.
- Ability to modify the prepared report pages.
- Navigation in the preview window. When you design a report, you may define elements that will form a document outline. The outline will be displayed in the preview window. When you click an outline item, the preview will be scrolled to specified item. You also may define active items that will receive mouse clicks. It can be used to navigate to another report element or to external URL.
- Interactive reports. You can define an action that will be performed if a user clicks an object in the preview window. For example, you can build and show another report with detailed information about the item that was clicked.
- Rich printing abilities: cut big pages to several smaller ones, print several small pages on one big, print on specified paper size using scale. You need to print A3 report on A4 printer? It's not a problem anymore!
- Add watermarks to your report with minimum efforts.
- Export filters allow you to export your report to many supported formats (PDF, RTF, XLS, XML, HTML, JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, TXT, CSV, Open Document Format).
- Send report by email with one mouse click.