Please note: This page was retired in December 2013.
You can find current information from the links below
If you need to buy a license for this specific version, please contact us for availability and pricing.
Other information on this page is shown for historical reference only and may have changed considerably since.
What's new in FusionCharts for Flex 1.3
- AIR Desktop application support
- Charts can dynamically resize based on the dimensions of the parent containers
- Support for Interactive Legend
- Automated numeric X-Axis in Scatter and Bubble charts
- Regression line in Scatter and Bubble charts
- Quadrants and quadrant labels in Scatter and Bubble and charts
- Number formatting options for the X-Axis scale in Scatter and Bubble charts.
- Configurable options for vertical divisional lines, vertical grids and vertical zero plane in Scatter and Bubble charts
- Advance Image/SWF display and alignment support for background
- Added legend in Pie, Doughnut, Funnel and Pyramid charts
- Ability to plot columns on right axis of chart in 3D combination charts
- Chart specific APIs added for Pie, Doughnut and MSCombi3D charts
- Support to specify Y-Axis minimum values in all stacked charts
- Support to align the vertical Axis names with respect to the whole chart or only the chart canvas
- Macros or pre-defined variables to position Annotation better
- Support for left or right alignment of caption and subcaption
- Manually control the position of data values in line and area charts
- Ability to hide zero plane values
- Pack contains a separate Flash SWC component to help render charts in Adobe Flash CS3/CS4/CS5 Applications
- Charts are cached to reduce bandwidth usage
- Charts can now run in Flash Builder Debug mode
- Optimized X-Axis label placement
- The default size of the caption and subcaption has been increased
- Annotations scale automatically when dynamic resizing is enabled
- Customizable options of X-Axis ticks for Multi-series Combination 3D chart has been added
FusionCharts for Flex is a charting component for Adobe Flex solutions. It helps you create interactive charts and gauges in your Flex projects. The charts are powered by FusionCharts XT and FusionWidgets XT, an industry leader in Adobe Flash Charting.
FusionCharts for Flex offers over 57 types of charts and gauges which include:
- Standard charts like Column, Bar, Line, Pie, Doughnut, Area etc.
- Multi-series charts, Stacked charts and Combination charts with support for dual axis
- Funnel and Pyramid charts
- Bubble and XY Plot (scatter charts)
- True and interactive 3D charts
- Interactive and editable Gauges (Speedometer, Bulb, Linear, LED etc.) that can be updated in real-time
- Sparklines and other spark charts (miniature, word-sized charts)
- Bullet graphs
Irrespective of whether you are using Flash Builder 4 (or above) Flex Builder 3, 2, Flex SDK or any other Flex development kits, FusionCharts for Flex efficiently works with all of them.
FusionCharts for Flex has a flexible and easy to learn API that allows you to create charts in very few lines of code as well as do advanced things like exporting them as images/PDFs and extracting data as CSV/XML.
So why should I use FusionCharts and not Adobe Flex charts?
You don't have to dump the licenses of Adobe Flex Charting that you might have purchased, instead, you can use both the products in conjunction to cover all your charting needs. Both products have their niche and FusionCharts covers some of the aspects not fully covered by Flex charting. Basically, if you're looking for more chart types and chart configuration options, then FusionCharts for Flex might be able to fit in. Also, some charts in the FusionCharts suite are highly interactive like the pie and doughnut charts which allow you to slice out individual pie, rotate the chart, seamlessly transform from 3D to 2D etc.
Listed below are a few justifications of why you should or shouldn't use FusionCharts for Flex:
- Load charts as and when you need, instead of packing everything in your main SWF thereby increasing the file size. The charts are present as external SWF files that allow them to be loaded on-demand.
- Lots of chart types. FusionCharts for Flex features some exciting chart types like scroll charts, True 3D chart, funnel and pyramid charts, bubble and scatter charts and few more that are unique.
- Many charts in FusionCharts suite offer unique interactivity options like the slicing/rotation in pie and doughnut charts, 3D capabilities in True 3D charts, 2D to 3D and vice versa view-state change in Funnel, Pyramid and Pie charts etc.
- Lots of configuration options for each chart that help you configure both the functional and cosmetic aspects of each chart to your satisfaction.
- You need to upload/distribute the chart SWF files along with your compiled Flex SWF file.
Sounds good. How do I get started?
To get started, you'll first need to download FusionCharts for Flex. Next, follow the installation instructions in the documentation.
Post that, getting started is as easy as dragging and dropping FusionCharts for Flex component from the toolbar into your project. When you now build your project, it kicks FusionCharts for Flex into action and it quickly shows up the default chart. You can then use the visual configuration options to change the chart type, configure the size, select the data method or configure the default chart.
To power the chart using your data, you can use the numerous data connection APIs exposed by the component. FusionCharts for Flex can natively connect to data stored in Flex structures like Array, XMLList, Model etc. If you wish to connect to other data sources like Blaze DS and web services, these simple APIs can be used as well. The extensive documentation and code examples can be used as starting points to learn more about FusionCharts for Flex.
- All the charts are animated:The charts rendered by FusionCharts are animated and pleasant to view. The default animation can be further customized via the API to suit your needs.
- Lots of charts and gauges on offer:Apart from the standard chart types, FusionCharts for Flex features some exciting chart types like scroll charts, true 3D charts, Gantt charts, funnel and pyramid charts, bubble and scatter charts.
- Numerous interactivity options: All the charts support tooltips and drill-downs. Many charts in FusionCharts for Flex offer unique interactivity options like the slicing/rotation in pie and doughnut charts, 3D capabilities in True 3D charts, 2D to 3D view change in Funnel, Pyramid and Pie charts etc.
- Easy to get started: Getting started is as easy as dragging and dropping FusionCharts component from the toolbar into your project. When you build your project, it kicks FusionCharts for Flex into action and shows the default chart. After your wow moment, just use the visual configuration options to change the chart type, configure size, select data method or configure this default chart.
- Supports multiple data sources:FusionCharts for Flex provides multiple data connection APIs that can connect to data stored in Flex structures like Array, XMLList, Model etc. If you wish to connect to other data sources like Blaze DS and webservices, these simple APIs can be used for the same as well. Our extensive documentation and code examples can be used as starting point to learn these.
- Allows extensive customization:Lots of configuration options for each chart help you configure both the functional and cosmetic aspects of each chart to your satisfaction.
- Supports drill-down: All the charts and maps support drill-down. Click actions can be set for individual data items that can be tracked as Flex events and acted upon.
- Supports dynamic resizing:All the charts and gauges now support percentage (%) based sizes along with dynamic resizing when parent containers resize.
- Works seamlessly with Flex charting:While the default charting provided with Flex is good for basic needs, they fall short when you need high level of customization in each chart, advanced interactivity or more chart types. FusionCharts for Flex has you covered in those cases.
- Supports on-demand loading of charts and maps: You can load charts as and when you need, instead of packing everything in your main SWF, thereby increasing the file size. The charts are present as external SWF files that allow them to be loaded on-demand.
- Works with Flash Builder 4 or above, Flex Builder 3, 2:FusionCharts for Flex works with various versions of Flex Builders and SDK enabling a consistent experience for your end users.
- Works with AIR Desktop applications:FusionCharts for Flex works in Flex AIR (Desktop) applications.