Please note: This page was retired in September 2012.
You can find current information from the links below
If you need to buy a license for this specific version, please contact us for availability and pricing.
Other information on this page is shown for historical reference only and may have changed considerably since.
IBM Rational Rose Developer for Visual Studio jump-starts the development process and supports round-trip engineering generating Visual C++ or Visual Basic code from your models.
IBM Rational Rose Developer for Visual Studio:
- Offers a leading modeling environment based on the industry-standard Unified Modeling Language (UML) 1.x, which provides a common modeling language for the team to enable the creation of quality software faster
- Enables more granular management and use of models through its separately controllable model components feature
- Supports Analysis, ANSI C++ and Visual C++ patterns, based on "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software"
- Features C++, ANSI C++, CORBA, Visual C++ and Visual Basic round-trip engineering and language support with configurable model-to-code synchronization
- Integrates with Visual Studio 6 (for Visual Basic 6), any SCC-compliant version control system, including IBM Rational ClearCase, and other Rational lifecycle development tools; limited integration with Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005
- Provides UML modeling for database designs through Rational Rose C++, with the ability to represent the integration of data and application requirements through logical and physical designs
- Includes Web publish models and reports to improve communication across the extended team
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6 (VB6)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 (MSVC++)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (MSVC++)
- Class, Component, Deployment, Sequence, Statechart, Use Case
- Physical Storage / Deployment
Domains – Windows
- UML 1.x
- Visual C++ 6.0
- ANSI C++ (Rose C++)
- Merge Changes
- Repository / CM
Documentation / Reporting
- SoDA Integration
- Print Diagrams
- Web Publishing and Report Generation
- RUP for Systems Engineering support