Our regular prices are shown below. Please logon to see your discounted prices.
BitRock InstallBuilder Enterprise V8.0
|Add to Cart
||1 Developer License, Multiplatform
||Download (126.8 MB)
|Add to Cart
||1 Developer Renewal/Upgrade License, Multiplatform
||Download (126.8 MB)
Our prices include ComponentSource technical support and, for most downloadable products, an online backup and a FREE upgrade to the new version if it is released within 30 days of your purchase. All sales are made on our standard Terms and Conditions and subject to our Return Policy. Please contact us if you require any licensing option not listed, including volume licensing and previous versions.
Our regular prices are shown above. Please logon to see your discounted prices.
New in InstallBuilder 8
- Built-In Debugger - The new InstallBuilder debugger makes it easier to identify and correct issues during the development process. It allows you to view and interactively edit installer variables at runtime, provides step-by-step execution to test that specific parts of the installer are functioning properly. It allows recovering from unexpected errors during the installation process and more.
- Enhanced Component Functionality - Expanded component functionality now provides support for downloadable components and component groups, including support for subcomponents. Downloadable components will be downloaded at runtime only if the user chooses to install them, reducing the size of installer downloads. The new component system allows you to group individual components and build feature sets that will be displayed in a tree structure ("subcomponents".) It also allows users to add and remove specific components from existing installations.
- Dynamic Parameter Support - Enhanced parameter support makes it possible to create dynamic pages that will be automatically reconfigured based on a user's input. This allows you to create a more customized and streamlined installation experience.
- Expanded Documentation - Over 350 pages of documentation are now available for InstallBuilder. The documentation not only explains every feature of InstallBuilder, but also provides sample code for a wide variety of installer functions, such as bundling a Java runtime, detecting pre-requisites on the system, offering basic and advanced installation modes and more.
BitRock InstallBuilder turns application packaging and deployment into a fast, easy and cost-effective process for developers. The development tool allows you to quickly create easy to use, multiplatform installers that have a native look and feel across Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, HP-UX, AIX, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris from a single build environment. GUI, text, and unattended modes allow installers to be run in servers, workstations, and desktops. InstallBuilder offers several advanced features, including RPM integration and quickbuild functionality. In addition to traditional installers, BitRock InstallBuilder also allows you to create multi-platform CD-ROMs and generate RPMs and Debian packages, directly from installer project files. Other features include convenient built-in actions for commonly required installation functions, such as: autodetecting a Java(tm) Runtime, changing file permissions and ownership, substituting text in a file, adding environment variables, adding directories to the path, creating symbolic links, changing the Windows registry, and launching external scripts.
An easy to use GUI allows new users to quickly learn to use InstallBuilder. For advanced users, a friendly XML project format supports source control integration, collaborative development and customizing projects both by hand and using external scripts. A command line interface allows you to automate and integrate the building process.
Because BitRock installers are single file, self-contained, native executables, they do not require bundling a Java runtime or a self-extraction step. This reduces installer size and overhead while increasing the speed of installations. The newly-added LZMA compression even further reduces installer size, producing installers 30-50% smaller than those that require Java.
InstallBuilder features include:
- Multiplatform Support: BitRock installers are native binaries that can run on Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris (Intel & Sparc), AIX, HP-UX, IRIX, and Linux (Intel x86/x64, Itanium, s390 & PPC).
- Desktop Integration: BitRock installers provide native look and feel and desktop integration for Windows, KDE and Gnome
- RPM Integration: BitRock installers can register your software with the RPM package database, combining ease of use with the powerful RPM package management system
- RPM and DEB generation: In addition to creating native executables that can register with the RPM subsystem, BitRock InstallBuilder can generate RPM and Debian packages that can be installed using the native package management tools
- Optimized: BitRock installers are optimized in size and speed and do not require a self-extraction step, reducing download, startup and installation time
- No External Dependencies: BitRock installers are single-file, self-contained native executables with no external dependencies and minimal overhead. Unlike competing products, all BitRock installers are truly native code and do not require bundling a Java Runtime Environment
- Ease of Use: BitRock installers provide an intuitive and easy to use interface on all platforms, even for end users without previous Linux experience
- Ease of Development: BitRock InstallBuilder includes an easy to learn, easy to use GUI environment. Design, build and test installers with the click of a button
- Time Saving Functionality: For advanced users, a friendly XML project format supports source control integration, collaborative development and customizing projects both by hand and using external scripts. A command line interface allows you to automate and integrate the building process. QuickBuild functionality allows you to update installers in a few seconds, without having to repack the entire application
- Built-in actions: BitRock InstallBuilder provides convenient built-in actions for commonly required installation functionality such as autodetecting a Java(tm) Runtime, changing file permissions and ownership, substituting text in a file, adding environment variables, adding directories to the path, creating symbolic links, changing the Windows registry, launching external scripts and so on
- Crossplatform Build Support: The installer builder tool can run on Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, IRIX, and Linux (Intel x86/x64, Itanium, s390, PPC) and generate installers for all target platforms from a single project file. Create all your installers from a single build environment!
- Customization: BitRock installers can be customized in a variety of ways, both graphically and in functionality
- Multiple Installation modes: BitRock installers provide: several GUI modes with native look-and-feel, for installation in a variety of desktop environments, a text-based installation mode, for console-based and remote installations, and a silent/unattended install mode which can be used for integration in shell scripts for automated deployment
- Uninstall Functionality: An uninstall program is created as part of every installation, allowing users to easily uninstall the software. As the installer, it can be run in a variety of modes. On Windows, uninstall functionality can also be accessed from the Add/Remove Program entry in the Control Panel
- Startup Failure Detection: BitRock installers will automatically detect the best installation mode available. Users also have the option to manually select a mode
- Language and Platform Independent: BitRock installers can install applications written in any language, including: Java, PHP, Perl, Python, C/C++ and .NET/Mono
- Multiple Language Support: BitRock installers support a variety of installation languages, including English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Polish, Valencian, Catalan, Estonian, Slovenian, Romanian, Hungarian, Russian and Welsh. You can specify a default language or let the user decide. Please contact us if you require additional language support