by Klik! Software - Product Type: Component / .NET WinForms / .NET Class / 100% Managed Code
Please note: This page was retired in March 2011.
You can find current information from the links below
in Data Entry
If you need to buy a license for this specific version, please contact us for availability and pricing.
Other information on this page is shown for historical reference only and may have changed considerably since.
What's New in Klik! EntryLib.Net V2.0?
- Optimized drawing routines which causes your forms to load and draw much faster than v1 which will allow you to use the library in any crowded screens.
- New Office 2007 styles with blue, silver and black color schemes. Each scheme is provided in classic and modern form to mimic the latest Office 2007 look.
- New KRichToolTip component provides Office 2007 style tooltips.
- New KFormManager allows you to style your forms, including it's borders, with Office 2007 or any other custom style.
- New ELModalBox component brings the well known ASP.Net modalbox dialogs into the Windows Forms world.
- New ELProgress control allows you to represent your long going processes either in Bar or Circle style, with static and animated options.
- New ELDataGridView enhances the regular DataGridView with advanced visual features.
- Enhanced visual features allow you to draw your texts with glow effects, images with mirror effect, borders with gradiend drawings and more...
- New designtime Qucik Access Menu allows you to reach many common elements from one place such as predefined styles, edit/load/save style actions, specific control/component features such as editing items, etc.
- Lots of visual/functional improvements over the other available controls/components
What's New in Klik! EntryLib.Net V1.2.35?
Improved : All classes in Klik! EntryLib.Net has been fine tuned to serialize only the needed properties. This reduces the designtime created code and improves the load time of forms/usercontrols which have Klik! EntryLib.Net controls on them.
PreDefined Styles :
Added : 2 new predefined style has been added which are named as CoolBlue and DarkCyan. These new styles cannot be reached from Quick Access Menu but are provided as files which can be load into an ELStyleManager component or into each individual control. They can be found under [InstallationDir]\Styles directory.
Added : Text property is now enabled for localization.
Fixed : Thousand separator was not parsed correctly in some conditions where you couldn't set a numeric value into the control although it was between the maximum and minimum values.
Fixed : DropDown controls were shown behind the form if the form's TopMost property was set to true.
Fixed : You were getting a null parameter in TabPageClosing event if the closing tab page is the last visible tabpage.
Fixed : DropDown portion was shown behind the form if the form's TopMost property was set to true.
Fixed : If you change the selecteditem in SelectedIndexChanged event, although the selectiditem was changed properly, it was not shown correctly in editbox area under some conditions.
Fixed : AutoComplete feature was not working when DropDownStyle was set to DropDownList.
Added : TodayText and NoneText properties has been added to change the Today and None button texts.
Fixed : In some months, the day was starting from 2nd day in the view.
New Sample on how to use ELRichLabel to create main manus with the style of Vista control panel.
What's New in Klik! EntryLib.NET V1.2.24?
- Fixes/Enhancements on Predefined Styles, overall drawing performance and improvements over the controls ELEntryBox, ELStyleManager, ELRichPanel, ELCalculator, ELCalendar and ELListBox.
What's New in Klik! EntryLib.NET V1.2.17?
- Fixes/Improvements on TextStyle, ELEntryBox, ELButton, ELRadioButton and ELListBox
What's New in Klik! EntryLib.NET V1.2.1?
- Help file of Klik! EntryLib.Net has been rewritten from scratch and now contains indepth info about the controls/components, videos/tutorials, code snippets and more.
- A new predefined style named Jelly Blue included with the package and a new sample, NotePad dialog, has been added to sample forms to show you how you can create Office 2007 toolbar like interfaces with the new style.
What’s New in Klik! EntryLib.Net V1.2? :
- Added : ELTab is a TabControl with advanced drawing capabilities
- Added : "Quick Access Menu" is a new designtime enhancement which you can reach with just one rightclick on a control and allows you to reach many common actions easily such as predefined styles and more...
- Added (2005) : .Net 2..0 version of Klik! EntryLib.Net now supports "SnapLines" for much more easier alignment of controls
- Added (2005) : .Net 2.0 version now supports "DragOnce" databinding...
- Fixed : Numerous fixes has been applied to the controls both in visual and functionality area
What’s New in v1.1 :
- Added : ELRichLabel control is a LightWeight HTML kind of formattable label control. It has a very similar syntax to HTML and allows you to create tables, manipulate font and it’s color, create links and much more for a rich content presentationElementStyles collection in this control can be used to apply a CSS kind of effect to the elements in ELRichLabel
- Added : ELDivider is a decorator control to visualy separate the GUI into parts
- Added : Office2003Colors is a helper class where you can get colors used by Office2003 and can be used in your custom controls and forms for a consistent look with Klik! EntryLib.Net controls
- Added : 6 premade styles included in the package for a quick start with names as Office2003, WindowsClassic, SoftXP, IceBlue, BurningRed and LiveGreen
- Added : New samples project now has a better presentation about the features of the controls and includes samples for newly added controls
- Fixed : Numerous fixes has been applied to the controls both in visual and functionality area
Klik! EntryLib.Net for Windows Forms includes +20 advanced controls which can be grouped as edit, container, list and style management elements including:
- Advanced visual styles to shaped borders, Office style gradient drawings, advanced background image, foreground image and text drawings, etc.
- Captionable edit controls which eliminates an extra label with support to advanced visual and validation styles, custom edit button, etc.
- List controls which contain advanced visual styles and combined features such as checkedcombobox
- Advanced container controls which consists of header, footer and container parts which each supports advanced visual styles, custom buttons
- A centralized StyleManager component which let's you change your applications look within seconds both at run-time and design-time
Each control supports built-in Office2007 and Office2003 color schemes but anytime you can surpass this and use your own created styles easily thanks to StyleManagement feature of Klik! EntryLib.Net. We have also included 7 ready to use style sample with the package to you as Office2007, Office2003, CoolBlue, SoftXP, IceBlue, BurningRed and LiveGreen.
Klik! EntryLib.Net is offered in 2 dlls which each targets different .NET framework versions as 2.0 and 3.X. Also, it fully supports UnicodeRightToLeft (RLT) thus can be used in languages like Arabic, Hebrew, etc
This is the list of controls included with the Klik! EntryLib.Net:
- ELEntryBox is an advanced edit control designed to replace the standard TextBox control in .NET. ELEntryBox has a caption as default thus it eliminates the need to add an extra label controls to define what should be entered into the control. It supports rectangle, rounded, circular and chamfered border shapes. It's background can be filled with gradient/solid color schemes including different Office2003 visual styles. The text drawn into the aption part can also have advanced visual styles such as dropshadows. These drawings do also change depending on the control's state such as default, hover, focus and disabled. You can set a SignImage to the control, such as a flag image, where you can use it for instance indicating that the control cannot have any empty value. ELEntryBox contains ValidationStyle property where you can set different validation types to the control such as String, Numeric, DateTime or Mask
- ELComboBox is an advanced ComboBox control. ELComboBox has a caption as default thus eliminates the need to add an extra label control to define what should be entered into the control. It supports rectangle, rounded, circular and chamfered border shapes. Its background can be filled with gradient/solid color schemes including different Office2003 visual styles. The text drawn into the Caption can also have advanced visual styles such as dropshadows. These drawings do also change depending on the control's state such as default, hover, focus and disabled. ComboBox button supports advanced drawing capabilities and styles such as Office2003, System or Custom. The DropDown portion of the control is also fully customizable; you can fill the background with different gradient/solid color schemes including different Office 2003 visual styles. ELComboBox can also be used for multiple selections when you specify the ComboBoxType as "Checked"
- ELRichPanel is an advanced container control. ELRichPanel is divided into 3 parts : Header, Footer and Container. Header and Footer parts can contain buttons and can be customized using their BackgroundStyle, BackgroundImageStyle, ForegroundImageStyle and TextStyle properties. Container is the middle part and its appearance can also be customized in a wide variety of ways. Any control you place into ELRichPanel will gain "FooterHint" properties so, if you want, a FooterHint will be shown for a control whenever that control gains focus. You have the choice to show the text and image you specified for this control in the Footer of the ELRichPanel
- ELListBox is an advanced ListBox control which contains Standard and Checked ListBox functionality in one control. ELListBox is similar to ELRichPanel in it's look and has Header, Footer and Container parts. Header and Footer has its own drawing capabilities as well as has the ability to add custom buttons. Each item in ELListBox can have an image associated with it. It also supports full ownerdrawing
- ELButton is an advanced button control which. It supports rectangle, rounded, circular and chamfered border shapes. Its background can be filled with gradient/solid color schemes including different Office2003 visual styles. You can also specify its look as System or ToolBar button. ELButton does work in 3 modes as Standard, DropDown and DropDownButton. Standard mode is a standard button. In DropDown mode, it acts as a DropDown button where it shows a context menu you specify when clicked onto it. In DropDownButton mode, the control is separated into 2 parts. When the user presses into the button part, it functions as standard button and when the user clicks on dropdown part, the contex menu you specified is shown by the control
- ELCheckBox also benefits the same visual features like the rest of the controls. It supports rectangle, rounded, circular and chamfered border shapes. It's background can be filled with gradient/solid color schemes including different Office2003 visual styles. These drawings do also change depending on the control's state such as default, hover, focus and disabled. You can set any type of value as Checked, Unchecked and Indeterminate
- ELRadioButon also benefits the same visual features like the rest of the controls. It supports rectangle, rounded, circular and chamfered border shapes. It's background can be filled with gradient/solid color schemes including different Office2003 visual styles. These drawings do also change depending on the control's state such as default, hover, focus and disabled. You can set any type of value as the Checked and Unchecked
- ELLabel is again an advanced Label control. It supports rectangle, rounded, circular and chamfered border shapes. It's background can be filled with gradient/solid color schemes including different Office2003 visual styles. It's text can be rendered using advanced options and it can also have Foreground and Background images
- ELCalendar emulates the look of Outlook calendar control and supports single, range or free types of date selection. It can be also used as a dropdown control for an EntryBox control just as any control can be
- ELCalculator is a calculator control which can be used to do simple arithmetic calculations by the end-user. ELCalculator is similar to ELRichPanel in its look and has Header, Footer and Container parts. Header and Footer has it's own drawing capabilities as well as has the option to add custom buttons. It has the most common arithmetic calculation buttons built-in it and its display shows every arithmetic operation step made by the end user.
- ELGroupBox is similar to GroupBox control in .Net Windows Forms library. It supports rectangle, rounded, circular and chamfered border shapes. It's background can be filled with gradient/solid color schemes including different Office2003 visual styles. Its text can be rendered using advanced options and it can also have Foreground and Background images. It's caption does also support the same advanced visual features and you can also position and align it
- ELContainer is a container control which again supports different bordertypes, background drawings and images
- ELPanel derives from standard Panel control and supports advanced background and images as a scrollable control
- ELStyleManager is a component which is used to centralize all the style definition/management of all other controls. You can define style for each control/control part in the control and than store it at disk/storage as a XML file. Later you can load and apply this style both at Design-Time and Run-Time. You also have the choice to define which controls/control parts are going to be managed by ELStyleManager. You can either use the "Style Manager" property of that control/control part or use "Control Connector" property page of ELStyleManager
- ELRichLabel : ELRichLabel is a lightweight, HTML kind of formattable label control for rich content presentation. It has a syntax similar to HTML and shares many common elements. You can create Tables for instance, to layout your elements in a Table which can have variable or fixed width just like n HTML. You can manipulate font by changing it’s style, size and color. You can embed images into the control from different sources and even inside sentences. Link element can be used the same way as in HTML and you can catch clicks on them. Another great feature is the CSS kind of effect you’ll get with ElementStyles collection in the control. ElementStyles holds ELRichLabelElementStyle classes where you can apply to individual elements in ELRichLabel (Such as Table, Link, etc.) to have a different look apart from the rest of the content
- ELDivider : ELDivider is a decorator element which can be used to visually separate your GUI into parts. It supports different kind of fading effects and also can be decorated horizontaly or vertically
- ELTab: is an advanced tab control similar to built in .Net TabControl. It supports advanced drawings both on it's caption and TabPage parts. It supports different caption shapes such as Office2003, Round, Chamfer and Rectangle. You can align the captions in four ways as Top, Bottom, Left and Right. Full RightToLeft support is also available. ELTab contains ELTabPages and each ELTabPage can be decorated using BackgroundImage and ForegroundImage styles and also supports scrolling so you can use further space than available.