What's new in LEADTOOLS Document Imaging Engine 17.5
The extensive and diverse technology in the LEADTOOLS Document Engine received many improvements in speed, recognition accuracy, document formats supported and searchable text output quality.
Support for reading and writing PDF annotations
Added read and write support for latest PDF specification (v1.7)
Improved text extraction speed with full Unicode support
What's New in the LEADTOOLS Imaging and Vector Engines update for 17.5
The Imaging and Vector engines received several updates improving and extending their file format support.
- Load / Convert HTML into a raster image
- Rasterize vector files (DXF, DWG, SVG and more) in the .NET interface
- Additional vector options for rasterizing vector drawings such as background fill, bits per pixel and transformation
- RLE compression for PCL
- Support for gradient fill and EM units in SVG
What's New in the LEADTOOLS Document Engine V17.5 Re-mastered
The LEADTOOLS Document Imaging engine has received major enhancements, including significant improvements to the speed and accuracy of its OCR, PDF and Barcode engines, as well as new SharePoint integration capabilities.
The latest version of LEADTOOLS 17.5 includes dramatically increased speed and accuracy of the OCR Advantage engine.
- Increased speed by up to 300%
- Faster and More accurate table detection
- Auto Orient up to 8x faster
- Improved algorithm for small zones - yielding greater accuracy for Forms Recognition and Processing
- Greatly enhance accuracy of color image recognition using new segment based auto-binarization algorithm
- Load times between 400% and 800% faster
- PDF Support for v1.7
- Added support for reading with 128 bit AES and 256 bit AESv3 encryption
- Native multithreaded support
- Load and Save images directly to and from SharePoint
- SharePoint integration with other LEADTOOLS features such as OCR, Barcode, File Format Conversion and more
Microsoft Phone 7 Silverlight
- Improved speed for Windows Phone 7 Barcode libraries
- New Live Capture Barcode demo
What's new in LEADTOOLS Document Engine V17.5
- Detect, read and write Barcodes in Silverlight and Windows Phone
- New high-level Barcode design for .NETsimplifies adding support for all barcode types in your application without any special knowledge of barcode symbologies
- Dramatically increased barcode recognition speed by up to 9X
- Automated cleanup for barcodes
PDF updates and improvements
- PDF runtime now requires only a single DLL for distribution
- Merge multiple PDF or Postscript files into a single PDF document
- Split a PDF into multiple documents
- Extract text with properties such as bounding rectangle, font information and color
- Extract hyperlinks, bookmarks and internal links
- Load and save PDF metadata such as Title, Author, Subject, Keywords and Producer
- New PDF Document Editor with extended support for adding, replacing, and deleting pages in any PDF file
- Enhanced PDF encryption support
- Convert Postscript files to PDF with full control over distiller, encryption and compatability settings
- Convert existing PDF files to linearized PDFs(optimized for web viewing)
- Convert existing PDF files to PDF/A-1B
- Save fully customized UNICODE Bookmarks in PDF files
- Added support for multi-threaded PDF load
- Added support for writing PDF 1.3 and 1.6
- New PDF Info Extractor gets information about PDF version, image width, height, bit depth, compression and DPI
OCR Advantage Engine updates and improvements
- AutoZone has been improved to provide fewer, more accurate zones, improving OCR results
- Dramatically accelerated AutoZone detection, improving overall performance for OCR
- Faster Advanced Table Detection, providing better performance when dealing with documents containing tables
- New image pre-processing features to improve OCR results including fixing broken letters, dithered text, inverted text and more.
- Now supports the following languages: Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese
- Added support for built-in Spellcheckingincluding NHunspell and Microsoft's System.Windows.Controls.SpellCheck engines
Enhancements to Existing File Formats
- Support for loading Office 2007 formats: DOCX, XLSX and PPTX
- Optimized load performance for DOC format
- Added ability to load Office formats from memory
- Added support for JBIG2 with non-sequential headers (i.e. random access)
- Support for loading refinement segments in JBIG2 format
- Increased the speed of the Line Remove image processing function
- New ImageColorType function for detecting whether the image is mostly black and white, grayscale or color.
- Virtual Printer now supports network printing
The LEADTOOLS PDF OCR SDK Plug-in adds PDF OCR output technology to any LEADTOOLS OCR module. Several PDF output options are available including text only and image over text formatting for PDF and PDF/A.
Overview of LEADTOOLS PDF OCR SDK Plug-in Technology
- For development of Windows applications and includes native 32 and 64 bit PDF OCR output binaries
- Add PDF OCR output technology to single and multi-threaded applications
- Includes many broad and functionally specific demo projects with source code for C, Visual C++ (MFC), VB.NET and C#
- Documentation includes sample source code for every function, method, property and event
- Free technical support is available to customers and developers evaluating LEADTOOLS
- Convert an image to a PDF in as little as three lines of code
- Add PDF OCR output technology to desktop and web applications
- PDF OCR output technology available as WCF services
- PDF OCR output technology available as WF activities
- Convert images to searchable and editable PDF and PDF/A formats
Why Choose LEADTOOLS Recognition Technology?
- Multithread-safe OCR SDK.
- Supports 32 and 64 bit development.
- High performance unattended auto recognition in server environments includes support for unlimited number of pages, auto-preprocessing, use of multiple-threads to recognize the same document for optimum speed and logging.
- Easy to use, high level interface can convert an image to a PDF in as little as three lines of code.
- Supports full page or zonal OCR. Zones can either be automatically or manually generated.
- Improve recognition results with LEADTOOLS image processing functions such as document cleanup.
- Recognize text in low quality images such as those created with dot matrix printers.
- Recognize a variety of documents, including facsimiles, photocopies and documents with complex layouts.
- Integrates with LEADTOOLS Forms Recognition and Processing technology to automatically classify and extract information from scanned forms.
- Quickly scan images with LEADTOOLS Fast TWAIN technology.
LEADTOOLS PDF OCR SDK Plug-in Seamlessly Adds PDF OCR Output Technology to:
- LEADTOOLS Advantage OCR SDK Module
- LEADTOOLS Plus OCR SDK Module
- LEADTOOLS Professional OCR SDK Module
- LEADTOOLS Asian OCR SDK Module
- LEADTOOLS Arabic OCR SDK Module
LEADTOOLS PDF OCR SDK Plug-in is Included With:
- LEADTOOLS Recognition Imaging SDK
- LEADTOOLS Document Imaging Suite SDK
- LEADTOOLS Advantage OCR SDK Module