Our regular prices are shown below. Please logon to see your discounted prices.
Our prices include ComponentSource technical support and, for most downloadable products, an online backup and a FREE upgrade to the new version if it is released within 30 days of your purchase. All sales are made on our standard Terms and Conditions and subject to our Return Policy. Please contact us if you require any licensing option not listed, including volume licensing and previous versions.
Our regular prices are shown above. Please logon to see your discounted prices.
Password-Type protection uses a lockword and the hardware signature of the PC where the application is running to create a unique password that unlocks the application on that PC and only that PC. If the application is copied to another PC, it will not run until it has been unlocked with a new password.
Password-Type protection offers 5 types of protection: standard protection, "number of uses" protection, "number of days" protection, "number of months" protection, and "expiration date" protection. With the ProtectKit3.5, you can set renewable passwords that can enable applications that have exceeded the number of uses, number of days or number of months. Being able to renew an application with a new password after that application has exceeded its allowable uses, days, or months, gives you the ability to rent or lease your software applications. Renew passwords can be generated regularly based on rental or lease agreements with your end users.
In addition to Password-Type protection, the ProtectKit3.5 offers Network-Type protection for your Win32 (Win64) applications. Network-Type protection detects the number of instances of your application that are running on a network at the same time. The ProtectKit3.5 provides the ability for these applications to communicate with each other letting you, not only detect unauthorized copies, but to disable them as well. With the ProtectKit3.5, you can set the number of applications that you will allow to run simultaneously on a network.
- Password-Type protection is now available in VB.NET /C#.NET - .NET Framework 2.0 and above for both 32 bit applications and 64 bit applications
- Password-Type protection now supports 64 bit operating systems - can now be used on 64 bit operating systems (both 32 bit applications and 64 bit applications supported)
- Password-Type protection now supports 64 bit applications - can now be used with 64 bit applications.
- Supports Windows 7 - ProtectKit3.5 protection can be used in Windows 7. (Limitation for Windows 7 and Vista: When the DdScm32.exe (DdScm 64.exe) is executed, a confirmation dialog is displayed in Windows 7/Vista.)
- Supports digital signatures - Digitally signed applications can be protected with the ProtectKit3.5.
- Special hardware is not necessary - The ProtectKit3.5 protects your applications from unauthorized copying without the need for any special hardware. Because the ProtectKit3.5 is a software based copy-protection solution, there is no need for dongles, usb locks, or other hardware. Protected applications will run on desktop PCs and on laptops.
- No additional runtime costs - The ProtectKit3.5 is runtime license free. This means that a registered user of a ProtectKit3.5 PC developer license can protect as many different applications as they wish and deploy an unlimited number of each application without any additional costs, fees, or limitations
- A direct impact on your bottom line - The ProtectKit3 increases your sales because copies of your software that are not authorized by you, will not run until you have authorized them. It is as simple as that. No more pirated software. Every copy of your protected application that is currently being used will have been paid for. This will have a huge and direct bearing on your revenue and ultimately on your bottom line.
- ProtectKit3.5 protected applications can be deployed in exactly the same way as your regular applications - Applications protected by the ProtectKit3.5 can be distributed in the same way that you have always distributed your applications (CD-ROM, Floppy Disk, Email distribution, Internet download, etc). Because the ProtectKit3.5 protection is embedded within your application, there is no need to change the way you deploy your applications.
- The ProtectKit3.5 can detect when unauthorized copies of your software are running on a local network. (Not available for .NET applications) - When copies of your protected application are running on a network, by using Network-Type protection, you can detect and control how many instances of your application are running. What is more, you can verify if they are authorized and disable applications when they are not.
- Using the ProtectKit3.5, you can rent or lease your applications - Because you have the option of allowing renewable passwords, you can authorize your application to work for a specific period of time or number of uses. After that has been exceeded, the application will be locked until a renew password is generated. By setting "number of use", "number of days", or "number of months" protection with renewable passwords, you have the ability to rent or lease software.
- The ProtectKit3.5 retrieves a hardware signature from the PC that is running your application - The ProtectKit3.5 uses a combination of a lockword and the hardware signature where the application is running to create a unique password. Even after the application has been unlocked on one PC, if that application is copied to a different PC, it will not run. The ProtectKit3.5 allows you to determine what combination of hardware will comprise a unique hardware signature (CPU, Motherboard, Videocard, NetworkCard). This gives you added flexibility when protecting your application. In addition to this, if your end user's system crashes and they must format their hard drive, as long as the hardware signature has not changed, the same password will unlock your application on the new hard drive. There is no need for the end user to request a new password from the application vendor.
- 3 ways to generate passwords - The ProtectKit3.5 provides you with three types of password generators so that you can provide passwords to your users seamlessly. The password generator EXE is a runtime password generator that doesn't require any programming. Simply enter the lockword and the hardware signature (PcID) from the end user's machine and you can generate the password needed to unlock that application ON THAT MACHINE. The password generator OCX and DLL provide a programmable API that allows you to generate the needed passwords programmatically. The Email API gives you an easy seamless way to send the generated passwords to the end user so they can unlock the application.
How to protect your applications
Allows you to lock your application until it is unlocked by a password. The ProtectKit3.5 Password-type protection uses a combination of a lockword that you determine and a unique hardware signature that is retrieved from the enduser's PC. With these two unique pieces of information, a password is generated that will unlock the application on that PC and only that PC. If the unlocked application is copied to another PC, it will not run (unless it is unlocked on that PC with a different password).
The ProtectKit3 provides you with a variety of different types of password protection.
- Standard protection locks the application until it it unlocked with a password. After that, the application will run on that PC indefinately.
- Number of uses protection sets the number of times an application can be used. After the number of allowable uses has been exceeded, the application is locked. Setting the "renewable password" option allows the application that has stopped to be enabled again for the specified number of uses.
- Number of days protection sets the number of days an application can be used. After the number of allowable days has been exceeded, the application is locked. Setting the "renewable password" option allows the application that has stopped to be enabled again for the specified number of days.
- Number of months protection sets the number of months an application can be used. After the number of allowable months has been exceeded, the application is locked. Setting the "renewable password" option allows the application that has stopped to be enabled again for the specified number of months.
- Expiration date protection sets the date after which an application will be locked.
It is easy to set protection in your applications.
Set protection with a few simple steps:
- Initialize the ProtectKit.
- Check the lockword.
- Retrieve the PcID.
- Set the password.
- Check the protection status.
- Generate a password and send it to the user.
Allows you to detect the number of instances of your application that are running on a local network at the same time.
Because the ProtectKit3.5 allows the instances of your application to communicate with each other, you are able to detect the number of instances running, retrieve and confirm serial numbers or other information, and disable applications.
- Initialize the ProtectKit in your application code
- Set the Netword - Use the Set Network-Type Protection tool to set the netword into the application file
- Digital signature - If you are digitally signing your application, do that next
- Deploy your application - Deploy your application and all its associated files to the target machine. It is not necessary to generate a password and send it to the end user.
Network-Type protection is available for Win32 (Win64) applications only. Network-Type protection does not support .NET applications.