Please note: This page was retired in December 2007.
You can find current information from the links below
If you need to buy a license for this specific version, please contact us for availability and pricing.
Other information on this page is shown for historical reference only and may have changed considerably since.
SharpGrid has some unique features that will make your applications stand out: group calculations, row filtering, preview pane, stage-driven custom draw model, XML and CSV import/export, persist-able XML layouts, HTML export, scroll tips, cell tips, frozen columns and rows, Alpha blending etc...
Here is just a short list of control's major features:
- Rich object model: SharpGrid is composed of about 30 objects and collections
- In-cell editing: uses single and multi-line edit box, action button, check box and combo box for in-cell editing
- Data display: supports a variety of cell display techniques. SharpGrid can show text and pictures in separate cells and combined. Cell drawing is controlled by a powerful style model. Data-sensitive styles are supported.
- Alpha-blending and gradient fill
- Bind to databases: supports OLEDB (ADO) and ICursor (Visual Basic's data control) data sources
- Easy to use unbound mode: SharpGrid has an easy to use unbound mode in which all data is stored in grid's internal buffer
- Powerful virtual modes: SharpGrid supports two powerful virtual modes. One is driven by standard events and can be used by a scripting client. The other one is a much faster, interface based virtual mode, and can be used by VB and VC containers. Both of these modes are ideal for displaying data stored in non-standard databases and application's internal data structures
- Unique custom drawing: SharpGrid implements unique, stage-driven, custom drawing model. Programmers can intercept and replace one or more stages of control's paint cycle
- Unique preview pane feature: programmers can decide to show contents of one column inside the preview pane. Preview pane can be sized and aligned along any grid's border. Custom drawing inside preview pane is also supported
- Sorting: programmers and users can sort grid columns. Sorting is performed by the SharpGrid control itself and is available regardless of the data mode used
- Outlook-style grouping: SharpGrid supports outlook-style groupings. Programmers and users can select one or more columns and group rows based on values in selected columns. Grouping is enabled in all data modes: OLEDB, ICursor, unbound and virtual
- Group calculations: programmers can set formulas that will be automatically calculated and results displayed in the group headers and/or footers
- Hierarchy navigation: programmers can traverse a tree of group header and child rows with an extensive object model
- Unique row filtering: SharpGrid supports unique row filtering capabilities. A programmer can initialize a collection of row filters and filtering will be applied to all rows: existing, updated and newly inserted rows. Filtered row can be selected, hidden, displayed with a special style, marked as read-only or prepared for some custom defined action
- Data import and export: underlying data can be saved to and loaded from an XML and character separated value files
- Reusable layouts: grid layouts can be saved into an XML file and later loaded from a local file or an URL location
- Programmers can separately save and load column definitions, group definitions, filter definitions, style conditions and style definitions
- HTML export: programmers can use template-based HTML export feature to create flashy HTML pages. SharpGrid styles can be exported as CSS styles
- SharpGrid provides simple to use cell and scrollbar tips. Tool tip appearance is controlled by SharpGrid styles and can be customized by responding to various events. Also, tool tip pictures are supported
- Frozen rows and columns: supports fixed, non-scrollable rows and columns. Appearance of the frozen rows and columns is controlled with the built-in style
- Value lists: supports automatic translation of the underlying data values into the text and/or picture
- *NEW* Excel export: Grid view content can be exported to Excel worksheets natively without the need for Excel
- *NEW* Print and Print Preview. A powerful preview control that allows you to print or preview the content of the grid
- *NEW* Multi-column Value Lists. Allows you to display multiple columns in a value-list dropdown