What's new in Text Control X10?
- Right-to-left Support for Hebrew and Arabic Text - Each line in a document can be bi-directional, which means, that it can contain text parts written from left-to-right and text parts written from right-to-left.
- Language Regions - Regions of a document such as a characater, a word or complete paragraphs can be associated with a specific language. updated and created new icons to visualize new features, settings or supported barcode types.
What's new in TX Text Control ActiveX X9?
- Improved Headers and Footers: Odd and Even Pages - Add different headers and footers for odd and even numbered pages. You can also define a different header and footer for facing pages.
- Headers and Footers: New Frame Style with Information Area - A new frame style is available for activated headers and footers. A dividing line includes a label indicating the type of header or footer (even, odd, first page, etc).
- Advanced, MS Word Compatible Page Numbering - For each section in the document, page numbers can either be continued from the previous section or can be restarted with a certain number. Additionally, a new type of page numbering has been implemented to show the total number of pages. This field is updated automatically when pages are added or removed.
- Built-in Context Menus and Icon Sets - Built-in, ready-to-use and customizable context menus. In order to provide ready-to-use context menus, TX Text Control ships with more than 400 large and small icons.
- New Table Insert Dialog - Important table properties can be adjusted including number of columns, number of rows and column width.
- Microsoft Word Content Controls Support - Content controls are converted to TX Text Control ApplicationFields when Microsoft Word (.DOCX) documents are loaded.
- Anchor Position Control Characters - Shows the anchor position of an anchored object. Anchored objects are positioned relative to a paragraph.
What's new in TX Text Control ActiveX X8 SP1?
The following bugs were fixed:
- Image is not be printed, if it is inserted inline with text.
- Not able to scroll down after inserting long image in normal view mode.
- ActiveX SizeMode property does not paint the move and size frame.
- Simple Control View: The border is not painted.
- DOCX / DOC / RTF export: Wrong character formatting of number in numbered list.
- TX Text Control is not refreshed correctly in Delphi.
- Resources for the 'Borders' tab in the Page Setup dialog are missing.
- An image inserted as inline is moved to the second line, but the line height is not being adjusted correctly.
- RulerBar does not show the unit as set with the Measurement Settings in the 'Region and Language' control panel.
- TableRow.Select() is selecting ApplicationField in the next table row.
- A text field is placed in the next table cell, if the table column of that table cell is deleted.
- Fixed image is not visible when ViewMode is Normal.
- DOCX / DOC / RTF import: Wrong wrapping style for objects behind the text.
- IncludeTextMerging event doesn't work properly.
- HTML import: some DIVs which should be converted to text frames are imported as plain paragraphs.
- Left page border is lost when 2 page columns with a line in between is set.
- In a large RTF file it is not possible to increase the font size for the whole document.
- Error 01-1d09 loading specific word document.
- Wrong fonts are used in special templates.
- Context menu item 'Add to Dictionary' is shown even if IsEditable is set to false.
- Number with punctuation cuts the sentence in the spellcheck dialog preview.
- An erroneous TextField of the Length=0 is inserted under certain circumstances.
- Image text wrapping does not work for the first line of text.
- Images disappear when a Textfield is clicked.
- Error 01-0800 is thrown if a TextControl has been created dynamically and a document with images is loaded.
- Undo in spell check dialog preview causes crash.
- Selecting the last column in a table and setting the forecolor will set the forecolor for the whole table.
- Deleting inner table also deletes the row of the outer table.
- Deleting nested tablerows results in broken document.
- RTF import: Text between tables will be imported into the first cell of the second table.
- TXTextControl.ListType is returning 4 instead of 8.
- Text in the last table column can not be formatted with the Selection class.
- HTML export: Certain HTML elements get lost when using inline styles.
- Undo() deletes properties of ApplicationFields.
- The Find method finds a passage it should not find.
- OCX find method selects table cell instead of table cell's text.
- Undo() deletes TextField.Name
- Text frame overlaps text when inserted as displace text.
What's new in TX Text Control ActiveX X8?
- Transparent Text Frames
- Z-Order of Objects (text frames, images or charts)
- Background Images
- Updated Status Bar with Zoom Slider
- Support for EMF - Enhanced Metafile
- Improved Object Handling (aspect ratio resizing, object moving)
What’s new in TX Text Control ActiveX 17.0 SP1? The following bugs were fixed:
- PDF/A export: The xmpMM:DocumentID metadata property value is not of type GUID/UUID.
- If a DocumentLink is clicked and the ScrollTo method is used, text will be selected after the DocumentTarget.
- DOC and RTF import: Unable to save loaded document.
- Table in XML sample will be broken, if another XML element is added.
- DOC export: Missing vertical table cell alignment.
- DOCX, DOC and RTF export: Error 1-1d09, if the last cell of a table is a merged cell and the next table follows immediately.
- Table attributes cannot be set with the dialog when the table is completely selected.
- Using the TAB key in tables does not select the cell text.
- Missing French translation in table dialog.
- PDF export: Clipped fixed image above top or bottom margin are not visible.
- RTF import: Document causes 01-1D09 error or a program termination.
- ComboBoxes are too small, shifted to the right.
- Cell.Select selects complete table row.
- Vertical text alignment can not be set in merged table cells.
- Faulty behaviour of Paragraph.Text in table cells.
- Text is not displayed, if a table spans a page break and vertical alignment has been set.
- Setting txTableCellVertAlign value for the first cell in a row sets the alignment for the table row.
- TXW document which could be saved in v13 could not be saved in v16 or v15.
- Delete and Backspace keys have different effects on paragraph formatting in v16 and v17.
- Unable to load documents containing 'Forced end of column' character and tables.
- Table at the end of a document is not deleted correctly.
- Text Control Words crashes upon loading a specific document.
- Whitespace is lost when loading TXTextControl.StringStreamType.RichTextFormat.
- ResetContents does not reset page orientation.
- HangingIndent is not working properly.
- Image size will be changed, if zoom values are set to random numbers
What’s new in TX Text Control ActiveX 17.0?
- Text Selections - Text selections in tables have been extended so that it is now possible to select table columns and rectangular areas of table cells. Table columns can be formatted and copied to the clipboard. The TableColumn.Select method has been added to support this feature programmatically. Text selections are now displayed with a transparent blue bitmap. The new SelectionViewMode property can be used to display selections with the classic selection view mode.
- Merged Table Cells - Table cells can be merged with the new Table.MergeCells method. The method merges all selected cells to a single cell which has the same width and the same content as the original cells. The new Table.SplitCells method can be used to split previously merged cells. Table cells can only be merged, if more than one cell is selected, and if the selection is in a single table. The Table.CanMergeCells property can be used to check whether cells can be merged.
- Named Table Cells - Each table cell can have a name which can be used to store any string data associated with the cell. The new TableCell.Name property can be used to get or to set a cell's name. The name is stored only, when the TXTextControl file format is used.
- Colored Table Lines - Table lines can be colored. Each line of a table cell can have a different color. All text filters and the TXTextControl file format have been extended so that this feature can be exchanged with other applications. The TableCellFormat class has been extended with the LeftBorderColor, TopBorderColor, RightBorderColor and BottomBorderColor properties to set these attributes programmatically. Colored table lines can also be set with the built-in dialogbox for setting table attributes.
- Page Borders - Borders can now be defined for each page of a document section. A page border can have a top, left, right or bottom line or a combination of these lines. The line width and the color can be defined for each line separately. For each line a distance can be specified, which is either a distance to the edge of the page or to the text. The page border can surround the text including page headers and footers or only the text of the page. The border can be defined for the first page, for all pages or beginning with the second page. The new PageBorder class represents all these attributes of a page border. The SectionFormat class has been extended with the new PageBorder property to can set all these attributes programmatically. The page settings dialog box has also been extended so that an end-user can define a page border.
- Digital Signatures - PDF files can be saved digitally signed with an X.509 certificate. The SaveSettings class has been extended with the SaveSettings.DigitalSignature property to set a certificate for a saving process. The DigitalSignature class used with this property represents the X.509 certificate and all other information necessary to digitally sign the file.
- HTML Format - The TX Text Control HTML import filter now uses the parsing rules described in the W3C specification of HTML5.
TX Text Control ActiveX is a royalty-free programming component that offers an extensive palette of word processing features.
It gives your application the ability to read, edit and create documents in most popular formats such as RTF, Microsoft Word (including Microsoft Word XP), HTML, CSS and XML. In addition, TX Text Control ActiveX can convert these file formats to PDF.
TX Text Control ActiveX supports all major word processing features like tables, headers & footers, hyperlinks, bullets, numbered lists, zoom, page view, image import/export and OLE objects. Virtually all office, database or web applications can make use of these sophisticated word processing features.
TX Text Control ActiveX Standard Features
- Bullets and Numbered Lists
- Character and Paragraph Formatting
- Clipboard Operations
- Find and Replace
- Integrated Dialog Boxes
- Loading from and saving to databases
- Multi-Level Undo / Redo
- Page and Document Settings
- Printing and Print Preview
- Spell Checking
- Control Settings
- Line and Character Operations
- Marked Text Fields
- Text Selections and Character Input
- Multi-Language Support
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Image Formats
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Visual Basic
TX Text Control ActiveX Professional Features (includes everything in the Standard Edition plus)
- Document Sections
- Headers and Footers
- Hypertext Links
- Page Columns
- Text Frames
- Microsoft Word Merge Fields
- Stylesheet Programming
- XML Programming
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) Export
- Microsoft Office Open XML (DOCX)
- Microsoft Word (DOC)
TX Text Control ActiveX Enterprise Features (includes everything in the Professional Edition plus)
- Stylesheet Formatting
- Stylesheet Programming
- XML Programming
- Adobe Portable Document Format Archive (PDF/A) Export
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS)
- Document Type Description (DTD)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)