What's new in VARCHART JGantt 3.0?
- The New Property Editor - Each tab displays the current settings of all properties that belong to a category. Dialogs and in-place editing allow to quickly modify the values of object properties. You can immediately view the effects of your settings in the preview diagram.
- Support of Mouse Wheel Events - The method addMouseWheelListener allows to react to mouse wheel events in the application. In addition, by the property InteractionTableMouseWheelScrolling you can set whether mouse wheel movements in the table are to trigger horizontal or vertical scrolling.
- Access to Hierarchy Elements - The method getEntityInHierarchyAtPreorderIndex allows to retrieve entities in a hierarchy according to their pre-order. You can retrieve the number of elements by the method getEntityCountInHierarchy.
- New Properties for Separation Line in SynchronizerPanel - SeparationLineColor and SeparationLineWidth are new properties that let you set the color and width of the separation line between the two JGantt instances in the SynchronizerPanel.
What's new in VARCHART JGantt V2.5.1 (Buid 0006)?
- It is now possible to retrieve the number of entities in a hierarchy and to retrieve the entities according to the preOrder using the corresponding index
- You can now switch off horizontal scrolling by mouse wheel in the table. For this, a new property was implemented: setInteractionWheelScrollingInTableEnabled(false);
- Elimination of several bugs in the JGSynchronizerPanel
What's new in VARCHART JGantt V2.5.1?
- Synchronized Gantt Charts - The JGanttSynchronizerPanel lets you combine two Gantt instances so that all modifications affecting the time axis automatically and equally apply to both diagrams. A typical example of a modification is varying the resolution of the time scale; another one is moving the visible area of the scale.
- Additional Information at Links - Additional information can be added to horizontal sections of link lines. You can add symbols or text annotations.
- Data Type Color in NeEntity - In the NeAppData object you can use the data type Color in an attribute of an entity. This facilitates setting data based colors, since it spares you creating your own color class.
- Links can be Selected More Easily - The size of the area in which links can be selected by mouse cursor can now be defined by the new property InteractionLinkSelectionRange. This way you can make it easier for a user to pick a link.
- Filter Specific Selection of Nodes - Nodes to be visible in a diagram can be controlled by the new property ActiveNodeFilter. All objects that comply with the NeIFilter interface can be assigned to this property. So the number of nodes displayed at a certain time can easily be changed by modifying the filter conditions.
- Splitter Lines Between Groups - To visually emphasize different grouping levels in the diagram area, groups can have splitter lines. For each level the color, the line type, the line thickness and the visibility can be set.
What's new in VARCHART JGantt V2.4?
- Persistency of Properties by XML Files
- Property Browser
- Enhancements of the Histogram
- Independent Identification of Symbols
- Additional Line Grid in the Histogram
- New Time Scale Labeling Options
What's new in V2.3
- Time Scale Sections - The time scale can be divided into sections. Their start dates can be moved interactively.Their scale type and the resolution can be set individually to each section
- Summary Bars in Groups - If entities are missing in the group entity set, you can have them generated automatically. So you can start with an empty group set and you do not have to write any code to fill it
- New Samples - Tasks can be assigned to machines by moving bars by drag&drop from the upper to the lower Gantt chart
- Bitmaps in Title Area - Logos can now be displayed in the title row to the left or right of the title as GIF, JPG or PNG files
- Text Customizing - In interactions, VARCHART JGantt displays supporting text strings in English, Chinese and German language, depending on the language settings of the operating system and on the Locale property of the java platform. You can now add text strings in the shape of properties files for more languages
What's new in V2.x
Layout of Rows can be Customized for Individual Groups - Up to this version, the layout of groups could only be set for all groups together. In the new version, groups can individually be layouted. Three options are available to the layout:
- A group can be chosen to be placed in a single row, risking the nodes to overlap (left: group D)
- Each node of the group can be placed in a row of its own (left: group F)
- The group can be placed in a single row, with nodes liable to overlap placed in a dif-ferent row (left: group E)
- Comfortable Table Editing by Date Picker - Dates in the table can now be edited in the most comfortable way by selecting the year, month and day from a date picker
- Non-working Times in the Histogram - In the new version, non-working times are considered in the histogram. The histogram omits to add up activities or resources in the histogram if non-working periods in the Gantt-Graph exist
- Messages can be Customized in Information Windows - Messages in information windows, that support users during interactions, can be customized. Texts can be defined, lines can be suppressed and a format of the date can be set
- Border of Layers can be Customized - In the new version, the appearance of a layer border can be defined. A line for example will display a transparent layer more distinctly. A different definition of the border may be established for each layer
- Phantoms can be Customized in the Gantt Graph - Version 2.1 allows for phantoms to be customized. A phantom may for example be represented by a transparent shade (as shown left) when selecting nodes
- Groups can be sorted according to criteria
- Dates in the time scale can be format-ted dynamically (Java Data Format)
- The type of time scale can adapt automatically to the resolution
- Profiles of the calendar can be written or read in XML format
- In time grids and date lines, the color, thickness and type of line can be customized
- Single entity set can be stored in XML format (not only complete appData)
Settings to define the appearance and behavior of the Gantt chart you can add at design time. In addition, you can supply your own programming code - for example to react to events at run time. Gantt diagrams can be generated in amazingly short time. They can be interactively modified and printed.
New Features of the Gantt Graph:
- Free composition of activities (beside using templates)
- Activities may be composed of any number of layers, symbols and annotations
- Improved positioning of symbols and annotations along an activity
- Width of row margins can be defined, resulting in a more compact layout
- Selection of marking types available
- Pop-up menu can be configured
- Automatic scrolling to a selected node via the programming interface
Main Features include:
In VARCHART JGantt, user interactions such as create, delete and drag & drop activities, modify time scales and tables, collapse and expand groups of activities and many more are handled by the component. A programmer can react to those user interactions by registering specific events and can tailor the application to his customer's individual needs.
In addition, VARCHART JGantt allows for cross-diagram interactions. By means of drag&drop an activity can be dragged from one Gantt diagram into another one, e.g. in order to assign a task to a person or to a machine.
Page Preview and Printing
Printing capabilities of Gantt charts are included in the component allowing for zooming and and for scaling a diagram to page size, for paging and for page previews, for comfortable viewing and navigating.
Activities in a chart of Varchart JGantt can be displayed either by a variety of pre-defined bar shapes, or can be composed from the scratch. Any shape and pattern is available, even dynamic bars that actively grow or diminish to indicate the degree of completion of an activity. This animated picture shows a completion bar.
The assignment of graphical attributes is data based. You can, for example, display all tasks of a specific department in red, or set symbols to mark certain activities.
Annotation can be added to bars and symbols. This animated picture demonstrates selected positions of annotations on a bar.
Grouping and Hierarchy in Gantt Charts
Activities in Gantt charts can be sorted and grouped after criteria. Group nodes can be defined and graphically accentuated in the Gantt graph as well as in the table.
By defining a hierarchy, subareas in tables can be indented, collapsed and expanded. This animated picture shows groups in two different states of collapsing: completely collapsed groups where bars may overlap, and "optimized" collapsed groups, where overlapping bars are put in a second row.
Bars can be connected by links of different types. Vertical and horizontal grids can be placed in the Gantt graph. The time scale can be customized by their number, by postion, scaling, colors and font.
Easy-To-Use Programming Interface
For data exchange, to a large extent the component can adapt to existing data structures of the application.
The Gantt diagram can be configured by numerous properties at design time. At run time all properties are available for the application via the API, too.
Basic module (Viewing only)
provides all necessary Gantt functions for viewing only including:
- all graphical layout functions for Gantt charts like multi-level grouping and multiple tasks per row in overlapped or optimized mode
- data dependent assignment of graphical attributes
- multiple calendars and calendar grids
- collapsing of non-work period in timescale
- printing with comfortable paging and page preview
- different background colors of rows in the table and Gantt graph
Data Editing module
provides all functions of editing application data including:
- moving bars horizontally and vertically or change duration via drag&drop
- create, delete or modify any application data like tasks or activities, group titles or links
- in-place editing in table cells and opening a data editing dialog
- dragging from one Gantt instance to another one running in the same virtual machine
- PERT/CPM scheduling for early and late dates as well as total and free floats
provides all functions to show resource loading Histograms including:
- calculation of resource loads from application data and displaying them, interactive changes like moving a bar in the Gantt chart are reflected in the Histogram accordingly
- displaying of resource availability showing over and under loads
- numerous graphical layout features for numeric scale, shading, line styles etc.