von NETRONIC Software - Produkttyp: Komponente / Java Class / JavaServer Faces (JSF)
Please note that VARCHART JGantt JSF is no longer available for sale. Support is still available for existing customers but no further development is being done to this edition of VARCHART.
VARCHART JGantt JavaBean is still available.
Add interactive Gantt diagrams to your applications, allowing visualization of critical business activities. VARCHART JGantt is a component written in Java, that very easily lets you integrate Gantt charts into your application. Gantt charts display events, activities and their allocations over time. They are commonly used in project planning, production control and resource management. Data are turned into graphics to offer a clear, concise and detailed view of process flows.
What's new in VARCHART JGantt V2.5.1?
What's New in VARCHART JGantt V2.4
What's new in V2.3
What's new in V2.x
Settings to define the appearance and behavior of the Gantt chart you can add at design time. In addition, you can supply your own programming code - for example to react to events at run time. Gantt diagrams can be generated in amazingly short time. They can be interactively modified and printed.
New Features of the Gantt Graph:
Main Features include:
In VARCHART JGantt, user interactions such as create, delete and drag & drop activities, modify time scales and tables, collapse and expand groups of activities and many more are handled by the component. A programmer can react to those user interactions by registering specific events and can tailor the application to his customer's individual needs.
In addition, VARCHART JGantt allows for cross-diagram interactions. By means of drag&drop an activity can be dragged from one Gantt diagram into another one, e.g. in order to assign a task to a person or to a machine.
Page Preview and Printing
Printing capabilities of Gantt charts are included in the component allowing for zooming and and for scaling a diagram to page size, for paging and for page previews, for comfortable viewing and navigating.
Activities in a chart of Varchart JGantt can be displayed either by a variety of pre-defined bar shapes, or can be composed from the scratch. Any shape and pattern is available, even dynamic bars that actively grow or diminish to indicate the degree of completion of an activity. This animated picture shows a completion bar.
The assignment of graphical attributes is data based. You can, for example, display all tasks of a specific department in red, or set symbols to mark certain activities.
Annotation can be added to bars and symbols. This animated picture demonstrates selected positions of annotations on a bar.
Grouping and Hierarchy in Gantt Charts
Activities in Gantt charts can be sorted and grouped after criteria. Group nodes can be defined and graphically accentuated in the Gantt graph as well as in the table.
By defining a hierarchy, subareas in tables can be indented, collapsed and expanded. This animated picture shows groups in two different states of collapsing: completely collapsed groups where bars may overlap, and "optimized" collapsed groups, where overlapping bars are put in a second row.
Bars can be connected by links of different types. Vertical and horizontal grids can be placed in the Gantt graph. The time scale can be customized by their number, by postion, scaling, colors and font.
Easy-To-Use Programming Interface
For data exchange, to a large extent the component can adapt to existing data structures of the application.
The Gantt diagram can be configured by numerous properties at design time. At run time all properties are available for the application via the API, too.
Basic module (Viewing only)
provides all necessary Gantt functions for viewing only including:
- all graphical layout functions for Gantt charts like multi-level grouping and multiple tasks per row in overlapped or optimized mode
- data dependent assignment of graphical attributes
- multiple calendars and calendar grids
- collapsing of non-work period in timescale
- printing with comfortable paging and page preview
- different background colors of rows in the table and Gantt graph
Data Editing module
provides all functions of editing application data including:
- moving bars horizontally and vertically or change duration via drag&drop
- create, delete or modify any application data like tasks or activities, group titles or links
- in-place editing in table cells and opening a data editing dialog
- dragging from one Gantt instance to another one running in the same virtual machine
- PERT/CPM scheduling for early and late dates as well as total and free floats
provides all functions to show resource loading Histograms including:
- calculation of resource loads from application data and displaying them, interactive changes like moving a bar in the Gantt chart are reflected in the Histogram accordingly
- displaying of resource availability showing over and under loads
- numerous graphical layout features for numeric scale, shading, line styles etc.