Please note: This page was retired in March 2012.
You can find current information from the links below
If you need to buy a license for this specific version, please contact us for availability and pricing.
Other information on this page is shown for historical reference only and may have changed considerably since.
What's new in Xceed Zip for .NET with Self-Extractor V5.1?
- Xceed Zip for .NET v5.1 now creates zip files even more efficiently by allowing developers to decide whether folder entries should be written to an archive, which reduces its size. The product can also create archives using the Deflate format without compression, for full compatibily with Xceed Real-Time Zip (.NET / .NET CF / Silverlight) and generally improved flexibility.
Xceed Zip for .NET with Self-Extractor includes all features of Xceed Zip for .NET with the added benefit of fully customizable self-extracting Zip files. Xceed Zip for .NET with Self-Extractor creates fully customizable self-extracting Zip files (.EXEs).
Xceed Zip for .NET features include:
- 100% managed code written in C# (Complete source code included in the Blueprint Edition)
- Entirely rewritten and redesigned - not a .NET interface over a recycled ActiveX component
- Object-oriented design created specifically for the .NET framework
- Seamless integration with the .NET base class libraries
- All error handling works through .NET exception classes
- Objects don't need to be explicitly disposed of
- CLS compliant (Common Language Specification)
- Does not use unsafe blocks for minimal permission requirements
- Works with .NET Isolated Storage for temporary files as needed
- Documentation fully integrated into Visual Studio.NET
- VB.NET and C# Samples include: A WinZip like zip application, a PKZIP like console zip application, a streaming compression sample and a Windows Explorer like application that allows you to work with files, folders and zip files interchangeably
- Create new zip files or update existing zip files on disk or in memory
- Zip or unzip to and from disks, memory or isolated storage (Improved in v2.0)
- Read, write and update zip files split into multiple parts (New in V2.0)
- Read, write and update zip files that span multiple disks (New in V2.0)
- Create powerful fully customized self-extracting zip files (New in V2.0)
- Supports the new Deflate64 compression method (New in V2.0)
- List contents of a zip file with complete file specifications
- Compress or decompress any .NET stream
- Compress and decompress byte arrays completely in memory
- Copy, move, rename, delete and change attributes of files and folders in a zip file, on disk, in memory or in isolated storage (Improved in v2.0)
- Copy, move, rename, delete and change attributes of files and folders on disk
- Zip password encryption
- One-line shortcut classes for basic zip file and compression operations
- Fully extensible classes so you can customize the library's functionality as needed
- Information-rich status report events with percentages, byte and file counts
- Programmable filter system to limit processing to specific files or folders, with built-in filters for file attribute, size, date timestamp and filenames. Create your own custom filters as needed.
- Zip password encryption on a per-file basis
- Recursively zip or unzip entire directories and their contents
- Control the path information stored in the zip file for each file or folder
- Zip or unzip only files newer than those already in the zip file or destination folder
- Overwrite files only in certain conditions
- Split zip file can use the Pkware or Xceed naming convention for each zip file part or create your own custom naming convention
- Split zip file parts can be written to different folders
- Triggers only the events your application subscribes to for increased performance
- Get and set individual file comments or the global zip file comment
- Supports different encryption passwords for each file
- Controllable compression levels and methods
- Zip files currently open for write operations by other processes
- Supports long filenames and UNC paths
- Ability to preview which files will end up being processed
- Process system and hidden files, overwrite read-only files
Self-extracting zip file features (New in V2.0)
- Create new self-extracting zip files or transform already existing zip files into self-extracting zip files.
- Self-extracting zip files can span multiple disks
- Creates 32-bit self-extracting zip files that work on all Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP operating systems or 16-bit self-extracting zip files that work on Windows 3.x as well
- Update and reconfigure an existing self-extracting zip file
- Customizable introduction message and dialog box titles
- Display a license agreement with configurable accept and refuse buttons
- Customize all other messages, prompts and button captions
- Customize the self-extracting zip file's application icon
- Set the default unzipping folder
- Allow user to select an alternate unzipping folder
- Request a password whenever an encrypted file is encountered
- The user can enter the decryption password or skip the file if they don't have the password for the file
- Display a text file after successfully unzipping files
- Customizable overwrite behavior with dialog box offering the user various overwrite options
- Display unzipping status
- User interaction and dialogs can be selectively shut off for quiet operation
Vanguard Subscription provides updates to the latest versions as they are released, as well as priority support by telephone and dedicated email address. Blueprint Edition includes the product's C# source code as well as a 1-year Vanguard subscription including updates to the source code.