by DevExpress (Developer Express) - Product Type: Component / .NET WinForms / .NET Class / 100% Managed Code
What's new in XtraGrid Suite v2011 vol 1?
- Multiple Column Summaries - You can now calculate multiple summaries for a single column and display them simultaneously within the grid's footer.
- Export/Printing Performance and Memory Usage Boost - With this release, DevExpress have significantly improved print and export performance and memory usage. These optimizations affect all DevExpress Grid and Pivot Grid controls (XtraGrid, XtraPivotGrid, ASPxGridView, etc). You will see improvements of 80 to 99% when compared to previous versions.
- Expressions for Unbound Columns in Server Mode - With this release, unbound grid columns can be populated in server mode with data obtained from expressions. You can specify a formula referencing other columns and using many built-in functions and operators. The resulting data for these columns will be calculated on the server side.
- Group Intervals for DateTime Columns in Server Mode - Added support for group intervals for date-time columns in server mode. You can now change group intervals using a single property setting in server mode.
- New Scroll Mode - Fix Group Rows - Implemented a new scroll mode for the XtraGrid – perfect when viewing large amounts of grouped data. When using this new scroll mode, the top row for the visible group will always be displayed as you scroll through grouped data. Additionally, an icon is displayed in the top group row to indicate that the grouped data is only partially displayed.
- Incremental Search Support in Column Filter Dropdowns - Whether you choose to use regular or checked filter dropdowns for individual columns, you can now use the incremental search feature to locate values in dropdown lists. Simply enter the required value in order to locate it in the list. When typing, the text is highlighted in the list making it easy to locate.
What's new in XtraGrid Suite v2010 vol 2?
- Grid Control - Find Panel - With this release, the DevExpress DXperience WinForms Grid Control introduces a Find Panel – delivering an easy and straightforward way for end-users to locate information within the control. To execute a search, simply enter text within the Find box and the grid will display those records that have matching values.
- Instant Feedback UI - With the new Instant Feedback binding mode, you'll no longer experience any UI freezing. Data operations will be performed asynchronously, in a background thread and both the Grid Control and your application will be always highly responsive.
- Search LookUp Editor - This new editor combines lookup functionality with the new Find feature. Like the GridLookUpEdit control, the Search LookUp Editor embeds a grid control in the dropdown, and provides numerous grid customization features. The built-in Find box allows you to quickly locate data.
What's new in XtraGrid Suite v2010 vol 1?
- Full Support for Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework Client Profile
What’s new in XtraGrid Suite v2009 vol 2?
- More Data Shaping Options for End-Users - When data is grouped against a date-time field, end-users can now use the group column's context menu to change the group interval. They can choose between yearly, monthly, daily or Outlook style grouping. The same menu now allows you to invoke a dialog specifying group summaries for a column.
- Miscellaneous Enhancements - A new option allows cell values to be copied to the clipboard without the corresponding column header captions. DevExpress have significantly overhauled the LayoutView painting. DevExpress have changed how the main toolbar and cards are painted and added some custom draw events. XtraGrid now supports merged cell printing.
What’s new in XtraGrid Suite v2009 vol 1?
- Windows Vista Style Filtering for Date-Time Columns - You can now easily filter data (date-time columns) using a Windows Vista style dropdown window. Note that end-users can easily select multiple dates, month or years by using drag and drop. Custom filter conditions are also allowed. You can populate the list below the calendar with any criteria you need, for instance "Last Fiscal Year". Note that if you do so, end-users will see the information about the actual start and end dates in the filter item's hint, without you having to write any code.
- Sorting by Summary - End-User Capabilities - End-users can now sort group rows based on group summary values. For this purpose, Developer Express have added appropriate items to grouping column header menus. When data is sorted by group summaries, a special glyph is displayed within the corresponding grouping column's header.
- Captions for Grid Views - You can now show titles for grid views, including the root view and all details. Newly introduced properties allow you to change font settings, alignment and foreground color for the title's text.
- Improved Grid Layout Persistence - Now provide support for automatic saving and restoring of format conditions. Format conditions specify the appearance of cells or rows depending on their data. Style conditions can now be saved when the grid layout is saved to a data store (for instance, an XML file). Similarly, style conditions are correctly restored when loading a grid layout. You can therefore create style conditions at runtime and they will be correctly stored and restored without any additional code. In addition, you now have the ability to automatically save and restore the information on sorting group rows by summary values. Since end-users can now change how group rows are sorted, the grid saves and restores these settings with other layout options.
- Advanced Incremental Filtering in Lookup Editors - If text editing is enabled in a GridLookUpEdit control, an end-user can search for rows by typing text within the edit box. Previously, end-users could only search for entries that begin with the specified text. The current default behavior is to search for rows that contain the entered text at any position in the row's value. You can obviously enable the previous behavior, if necessary.
What’s new in XtraGrid Suite v2008?
- HTML Style Text Formatting in WinForms Controls - Historically, Windows Forms controls never allowed you to emphasize portions of their text. For instance, you couldn't apply bold formatting to a few words within a label text. With version 2008 vol 2, this ability has been added to the Label, Check Editor and Grid Control (for column and band headers). You can now specify captions for these elements using HTML-style markup – using the following tags: <br/>, <color>, <size>, <b>, <i> and <u>.
- Server Mode Performance Improvement - If the XtraGrid is in server mode, focused row and selection are not restored after sorting, grouping or filtering operations. This significantly improves application performance. You can enable focused row and selection persistence by enabling a single option.
- New Built-in Comparison Operator in Filtering Dialogs - The newly implemented Contains operator increases the count of built-in comparison operators. It allows less experienced end-users to easily find data and avoid using the Like operator which requires wildcard knowledge.
What’s new in XtraGrid Suite v2008 vol 1?
LINQ Server Mode - When the grid control works in server mode, it delegates all data processing to the server and downloads only records to be displayed on screen. This allows you to dramatically increase performance against large datasets. Previously, this data operation mode could be enabled only with XPO data sources. Now, any LINQ query provider is also supported.
Layout View's Enhancements - In version v2008 vol 1, the Layout View's functionality has been significantly extended by introducing new customization and layout features:
- Runtime Field Layout Customization in Layout View - This feature allows end-users to easily customize card field layout at runtime via drag and drop operations, just like you would at design time. Clicking the Customize button at the top of the View invokes the Customization form that provides customization capabilities. With a few lines of code you can save the customized layout to a data store (e.g. an XML file) when the form is closed and then restore the layout on a form load event.
- New Layout Elements - The Layout View now fully supports a tabbed interface, thus giving you a way to present information in a more compact manner. You can add static labels and separators to cards. Groups and fields can display small icons next to the labels, making your applications look more attractive.
- Stretching Cards to View -Cards can be horizontally or vertically stretched to fully fill the View's width or height. This allows you to emulate detail entry forms. You can optionally display multiple cards simultaneously so that they are stretched to fit the control's dimensions.
Filter Dropdown Lists with Check Boxes - The grid control can now display check boxes within filter dropdown lists. This allows end-users to filter columns against multiple values on the fly. They simply need to select required values and click OK. The grid will filter out rows that don't contain checked values.
New Component - CheckedComboBoxEdit - This new control allows you to display a set of Boolean options or bit fields in a dropdown window. It can be used both standalone and for in-place editing within container controls (XtraGrid, XtraTreeList, etc).
What's new in XtraGrid v2007 vol 3?
With the release of version v2007 vol 3, the WinForms Grid Control introduces a new data representation format - Layout View. Like the Card View, this View type displays data records as cards. The difference is that it allows to present data more compactly. You can freely customize field layout and thus use form space more effectively. The Card View, on the other hand, simply arranges fields one under another. The following field arrangement features are supported by the Layout View:
- Fields can be freely arranged into any number of rows and columns
- Fields can span over several adjacent fields
- Fields can be combined into groups, as if they were added to a group box
- Empty regions can be added to cards, if required
The Layout View can display a single card centered within the view, as well as multiple cards arranged into columns and rows.
The Layout View's features are powered by the comprehensive layout management library used in the XtraLayoutControl Suite.
What's new in XtraGrid v2007?
- Server-side Data Management - Server-side data management mode is now available. Unlike standard ADO.NET adapters that would require the retrieval of the entire record set, this new mode allows the XtraGrid to only fetch the records that need to be displayed on-screen - giving you significant performance benefits against very large datasets. Better record set loading performance is not the only benefit of this new server-side data mode. Numerous key grid operations - sorting, grouping, filtering and summary calculations - are now performed on the server. As you can imagine, performance is highly responsive when large datasets are encountered.
- OLAP Support in Pivot Grid Controls - Microsoft Analysis Services (OLAP) data sources are now fully supported by the XtraPivotGrid and ASPxPivotGrid. If bound to such a data source, a pivot grid control delegates all data management and calculations to the server side. This feature greately increases your application's performance if you are dealing with a large dataset. In windows applications, it may take a long time for a client machine to reclaculate data. It web application, the entire dataset will have to be reloaded with each control update. It is much faster to request server-side data recalculation and then simply display the downloaded result
Fast and Elegant
With patent-pending server side data processing, the high performance DevExpress WinForms Data Grid is a feature-complete editing and data shaping component allowing your end-users to easily manage information and display it on-screen as business requirements dictate. Whether using it in bound, unbound or master-detail mode, you can enable many of its features including a built-in printing engine for instant ad-hoc reporting, without writing a single line of code.
7 Unique Grid View Types
The Xtra Grid can efficiently display data from a single data source or master-detail relationships of any complexity.
- Standard Grid View - Emulates the look feel and behavior of the Microsoft® Outlook® grid and displays information using a standard table metaphor.
- Banded Grid View - Provides extended layout and customization options for complex datasets. End-users can hide, show, reorder entire column sets instead of having to perform the same operation on each individual column.
- Advanced Banded Grid View - Extends the Banded Grid View by allowing you to arrange column headers and corresponding data cells across multiple rows. It also allows you to create cells that occupy multiple rows.
- Card-Contact View - Mimics the capabilities found in Microsoft Outlook's Contacts View and supports the following extended features: end-user card resizing, card auto-width, collapsible cards, card caption images, multiple card selection, etc.
- Layout View -Displays data records as cards with extended customization options and field layout choices so you can use form space more effectively.
- Carousel View - When using the Layout View, several card arrangement modes are available - from simple tabular display to 3D Carousel emulation.
- Split Presentation View - Easily invoked using a context menu, the Split Grid Presentation feature allows you to divide the grid into two view regions separated by a splitter.
Powerful Runtime Experience
Column, Row and Preview Customization
A nearly endless array of easy-to-use features are built-in to the Xtra Grid so you can deliver solutions that can be customized at both design and runtime as needs dictate.
- Customizable Column Width
- Automatic Column Width
- Fixed Column Width
- Column Customization
- Visibility and Order
- Best Fit
- Fixed (Anchored) Columns
- Customizable Row Height
- Automatic Row Height
- Custom Row Height
- End-User Row Resizing
- Row Separators and Intervals
Preview Section Options
- Customizable Preview Section Height
- Custom Preview Content
- Automatic and Manual Preview Height
- Customizable Indentation
Shape, Organize and Inform
Sort, Group, Compute - Print and Export
The Xtra Grid is not just a grid, it is a high performance data shaping, data mining and reporting platform, so you can unleash the power of information and intuitively present it to your end-users.
Data Sorting Options
- Sort against an Unlimited Number of Fields
- Sort by Cell Display Values
- Custom Sorting Algorithms
- Immediate or On-Demand Row Position Update
Data Grouping Options
- Group against an Unlimited Number of Columns
- Joined Group Panel
- Multiple Predefined Grouping Intervals
- Microsoft Outlook Style Group Row Painting
- Images in Grouped Rows
- Custom Grouping Algorithms
- Automatic Group Expansion
Summary Computation Options
- Total Summaries
- Group Row Summaries
- Group Footer Summaries
- Five Built-in Aggregate Functions
- Custom Aggregate Functions
- Sorting Against Group Summary Values
- Optional Automatic Totals Summary Updates
Printing and Data Export
Multiple data rendering and reporting options via a built-in WYSIWYG printing engine. Includes data export to multiple file formats including XLS, PDF, HTML, etc.
Locate Data with Ease
Instant Search and Advanced Filtering
Much like Microsoft Word’s Find feature, the Search Panel provides an easy and straightforward way for end-users to locate data. To execute a search, simply press CTRL+F, enter text within the Find box and the grid will display those records that have matching values.
To help address the widest range of usage scenarios, a rich set of built-in data filtering mechanisms are also available to you. They include:
- Microsoft Excel Style Filtering
- Microsoft Excel Style Filter Dialogs
- Auto-Filter Row
- Filter Panel
- Advanced Filter Editor Dialog
- Custom Filtering
Information Clarity and Accuracy
Value Formatting, Editing and Validation
Cell Value Formatting
- Display text formatting using standard and custom format strings
- Over 20 integrated cell editors for more effective data presentation
- Microsoft Excel style Conditional Formatting
- Custom painting cell values
Data Editing and Validation
- Over 20 integrated cell editors for easier data input
- Integrated UI for Adding, Deleting, and Navigating Records
- Multiple Row and Cell Selection
- Input Validation and Error Indication
An embedded grid control in the dropdown allows you to leverage all the capabilities of the Xtra Grid within a lookup and customize the way in which users interact with lookup values.
Imagine, Create and Localize
The Xtra Grid Suite offers straightforward and easy-to-use design-time tools so you can be productive from day one and bring your solutions to market in the shortest possible time.
All DevExpress .NET products have been designed and developed to simplify the localization process so you can deliver solution that address the unique requirements of your worldwide audience.