What's New in Softek Barcode Reader SDK 8.1.1
- All the DLL files now come in a single folder and most of the names for DLL’s have been changed.
- New functions have been added in the DLL, COM and .Net (SoftekBarcodeNet.dll) interfaces to support background reading of bar codes.
- The SDK can now take advantage of multi-core systems. Pages in multi-page documents can be processed in parallel and with a single page the horizontal and vertical scanning can take place in parallel.
- The PDF Extension has been completely redesigned with native x86 and 64-bit conversion provided by Debenu. Split PDF files will now retain the original format. It is still possible to use the old render tool (VeryPDF) on x86 systems via the PdfImageRasterOptions setting.
Background bar code reading
Version 8 of the SDK has a new set of functions that allows applications to start background scans of documents. The scans may be monitored for progress and terminated at any time during the scan.
ScanBarCodeInbackground – launch a scan for a bar code in the background
ScanBarCodeWait – wait for a background scan to complete for a number of milliseconds
GetProgress – get %age progress of a background read.
GetBarCodeCount – get number of bar codes found so far in a background read
ScanBarCodeAbort – abort a background read
GetScanExitCode – get the exit code from a background read
Faster processing of documents
Version 8 of the SDK can now process separate pages and parts of images in separate threads. This can give much improved speeds for multi-page documents and single page documents containing 2D bar codes. The maximum number of threads is controlled by the new property called MaxThreads.
What's New in Softek Barcode Reader SDK 188.8.131.52
- Support added for QR-Code symbols starting with FNC1 characters.
- Increase in maximum size of supported QR-Code from 2K to 4K.
- Improved detection for version 0 QR- Codes.
- Improvements to recognition of multiple QR-Codes in the same image and at different angles.
- Improvement to recognition of skewed QR-Codes.
- Improved support for symbols with badly proportioned finder targets.
- GetBarStringDirection now returns the correct value for a QR-Code.
- Correction to the decoding of Base 256 encoded symbols.
- Improved support for symbols with parallel lines close by.
- Bug fixes for the correct decoding of German characters.
- Support added for upper shift characters.
- PDF-417 error correction improvements (the SDK was using one more error correction codeword than was necessary). This makes the most noticeable improvement when using the smallest numbers of error correction code words.
Code-128 and Code-39:
- Improvements to Code 128 and Code 39 barcode reading. The SDK now handles single vertical lines to the left or right of symbols and within the quiet zone.
Splitting TIF documents:
- Bug fixes for Splitting TIF documents when not including the pages containing barcodes.
- Improved support for splitting TIF files compressed using “old style” jpeg compression (type 6). Gray scale is now supported but full color is not supported.
HDIB and HBITMAP
- If the height of a bitmap (HDIB or HBITMAP) is negative then the SDK will perform a vertical flip on the image before processing.
Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit 184.108.40.206 includes the following improvements:
- Improved error handling and reporting
- Demo program can now export and import xml settings
- Dialog boxes are suppressed when running in a windows service
- Will now read 2-D barcodes from coarse resolution faxes
- Error with partial PDF-417 decoding fixed
Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit 220.127.116.11 includes improvements to the demo program
Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit 18.104.22.168 includes an important fix for loading BMP files and some minor improvements to reading 2-D barcodes.
What's new in Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit for Windows 7.4.1?
- New and comprehensive documentation
- New, faster .net component
- High speed pdf file processing (3X the old version) - available with PDF Extension option
- Complete support for x64 systems - sample projects work on either type of system
- Redistributable packages included for x86 and x64 systems
What's new in Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit for Windows 7.3.1?
Previous versions of the toolkit used a single threshold value to determine whether a pixel was considered black or white. Although the toolkit tried to calculate this value, it was often necessary to try a number of different color thresholds until the barcode could be read. Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit for Windows Version 7.3.1 takes a different approach and calculates new threshold values for each scan line it samples. To take advantage of the new feature, developers will need to ensure that the ColorThreshold property is set to 0 (the default value). They can then control the amount of time spent processing a color image by setting the ColorProcessingLevel property to a value between 1 and 5 (default of 2).
GS1 Databar Support
GS-1 Databar support has been added to toolkit. This includes RSS-14, RSS-14 Stacked, RSS Truncated, RSS Limited, RSS Expanded and RSS Expanded Stacked. There is also support for supplemental information encoded in micro-PDF-417 barcodes.