What's New in TeeChart Pro ActiveX 2016
- Support for a third legend column accompanied by a new TextStyle value: ltsXAndValueAndText. This shows each point X, Y, and Text label at legend.
- New GDI+ canvas ITeeGDIPlus.Scale property: Creates smoother looking charts. Default value is 1 and can be changed at design and runtime through the Chart editor 3D render dialog.
- MarksTail. Feature renders Tail from Mark to data point.
- MS Access demo updated to MS Office 2016.
What's New in TeeChart Pro ActiveX 2015
- New Printer.FixedFontPPI property permits Font PixelsPerInch override when printing.
- Fixed bug in exporting where GDI rendering resulted in a memory error.
- Fixed bug where fonts weren't sizing correctly when printing GDIPlus rendered charts.
- Fixed bug where series marks could not be rotated at runtime.
What's New in TeeChart Pro ActiveX 2014
Internal canvas classes (GDI and GDI+) have been modified extensively.
- The default graphic canvas for new charts added at design-time is now GDI+
- Using the TeeGDIPlus component allows persisting settings, like antialiasing and default text quality
- GDI+ offers several features that cannot be done with GDI (or are done better):
- Color alpha (transparency) - Any color (pen, font, gradient, brush, etc) is now treated as a proper 32bit color with RGB and Alpha components
- Line Antialias - produces much better looking charts, without jagged diagonal and curved lines and polygon boundaries.
- Filled Pens - The base IPen interface has a new Fill property (of type IBrush) that is only functional when using the GDI+ canvas. Wide borders and lines (of width 2 or more) can now be filled with textures and gradients.
- Multi-color gradients - allows gradients with more than 3 colors.
- Smooth texturing - GDI+ uses brush images to fill polygons, rectangles and rounded rectangles with better speed and output results than GDI.
- Transforms - Rotating, translating and scaling elements (like chart titles, legend, series, etc) are enabled using GDI+ transform methods.
- Better clipping - When filling polygons with gradients or textures, or when drawing rounded-corner rectangles, clipping should be done manually in GDI (which is not 100% perfect), while in GDI+ this is done automatically and better.
- Shadows - With GDI+, shadows are done using gradients and transparency.
- GDI+ speed penalty - non-solid pen lines are still faster in GDI so axis grid lines are now solid instead of dotted.
- Tthe GDI+ canvas is now faster than GDI in many occasions, as soon you use any effect like transparency, gradient fills, or shadows.
- GDI is still faster than GDI+ when you dont need antialiasing and any fancy effect, for example when plotting FastLine or Surface series with many many points, but the difference between them is now much smaller.
- New property UseSeriesTransparency : Boolean (default True), when False, series marks will be painted using their own transparency, without accumulating the marks series transparency, if any.
- New class methods to set and get the "Alpha" transparency (from 0 to 255) of a given color.
- New method to draw a round rectangle in 3D (GDI+ only)
- New ITeePath interface and TeeCanvas CreatePath method to fill and/or stroke "paths" using the current Pen and Brush/Gradient properties.
- Automatic font quality for GDI+ - For GDI+ canvas, the default font quality is now automatic, depending on the font size it is selected as "ClearType" (small fonts up to size 20), and "Best" for bigger font sizes. This gives the best combination of qualities and avoids "blurring" text.
- Changing the global visual aspect of charts has been improved extensively.
- Improved Themes Editor dialog with a visual gallery of available themes applied to the target chart.
- New "Flat" theme, a minimal theme using "Roboto Th" font (the Android 4.x default font)
- New methods allow any chart to be used as a "theme" for any other chart.
- Only formatting is applied. That includes pens, brushes, gradients, fonts, etc.
- Any chart saved as a native *.tee file can be later reused as a "theme", and it will appear at the Themes Gallery.
- Redesigned series gallery dialog, with a much better "sub" gallery to visualize different combinations for a single series style.
- New TeeFunction gallery, with example demos of each function type.
- When changing a series style using the gallery, styles that can't be applied appear disabled, now this is done internally using a gray-scale filter, which looks better and simplifies the code.
- Improved Series display
- New "Templates" tab at Gallery, with pre-defined Charts already using Series, Functions, Tools, etc.
- For new Charts, a single click automatically adds a ready-to-use Chart
- New option to export Chart Series data to JSON format. Available also at runtime
- New option to export charts to OpenDocument (*.odt) spreadsheet format.
- XAML export format now includes the optional "Transform" elements.
Multiple changes to Chart series
- For more information please check out the New releases document from the Evals & Download section