Add word processing to your WPF apps
TX Text Control .NET for WPF loads, edits and saves Microsoft Word formats and features XML and stylesheet programming.
Word processor created with TX Text Control .NET for WPF.
TX Text Control .NET for WPF is a royalty-free word processing control that offers developers a broad range of word processing features in one reusable component. TX Text Control .NET for WPF is ideally suited to all applications that demand powerful, but flexible word processing features. With TX Text Control .NET for WPF you can: integrate comprehensive word processing into your Windows applications, load, edit and save Microsoft Word formats (DOCX, DOC, RTF etc.), build powerful reporting applications, use XAML data binding to bind to tool and ribbon bars and more. TX Text Control .NET for WPF is completely royalty-free and includes unlimited free technical support by e-mail and phone.
The following editions are available:
- Simple deployment of a wide range of word processing features
- Tables, headers and footers, images and stylesheets
- XML and stylesheet programming, save directly to PDF
- Unicode, multi-lingual dialog boxes
- Unlimited telephone, chat, e-mail and forum support
- Stability backed by a broad client base and many thousand satisfied clients
TX Text Control .NET for WPF Standard, Professional and Enterprise Features
- Print and Print Preview - Printing and print preview are available in all editions. A single function call is required to print documents, complete with graphics, tables, page numbers etc.
- Bullets and Numbered Lists - Every aspect of bullets and numbered lists can be influenced from program code. Lists can be incremented and numbered automatically.
- Multi-Level Undo / Redo - Programmers can add multiple levels of undo and redo to their applications, providing end-users an easy path to correct mistakes they may make.
- Zooming - End-users can zoom in and out in steps of 1 percent - from 10 percent up to 400 percent. All word processing functions are available at all zoom levels.
- Stylesheet Formatting - Complete separation of content and formatting is offered with this feature. Stylesheets, defining the look and feel of a document, can be accessed and defined from program code.
- Spell Checking - Fully-featured, robust and fast spell checking for TX Text Control .NET for WPF applications with TX Text Control RapidSpell .NET for Windows Forms (optional).
- Tables - Tables can be inserted into documents. Cell contents can contain virtually any kind of formatting. Borders and shading can be set for individual cells.
- Page and Document Settings - Developers can access and define document settings, such as page size, orientation, margins and default printer amongst others from program code.
- Character and Paragraph Formatting - Rich character and paragraph formatting is standard in all editions. All formatting options expected from a word processor are available.
- Image Formats - Most popular image file formats are supported. Amongst others: TIFF, WMF, BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF.
- Table Headers - Any row in a table can be automatically added to the top of each table, right after a page break has occurred.
- Loading from and saving to databases - Read from and write to databases, independent of the type of database or interface, using all formats supported by TX Text Control .NET for WPF.
- Images - Images can be positioned as characters or given a specific page position. Text flow around images can be set directly from program code. Images are scalable.
- Integrated Dialog Boxes - All editions ship with multiple end-user dialog boxes. Dialog boxes can also be accessed from program code and are fully localizable.
- Clipboard Operations - All clipboard operations are built in and require no programming effort. ASCII, HTML and RTF are used for maximum interoperability.
- Search and Replace - Search and replace functions are available from built-in dialog boxes and programmatically, so that can be used without end-user interaction.
- Toolbars - Fully configurable status bar, button bar and ruler can be included in applications by simply connecting them to TX Text Control .NET for WPF.
- Text Selections and Character Input - Two classes to manipulate text. The former enables developers to change font characteristics and the later returns information about the current position of the caret.
- Control Settings - Control settings are available to set border styles, pagination, scrollbar and many more document appearance and behavior characteristics.
- Page Rendering Engine - Use the page rendering engine to save a page as a Bitmap (BMP) at screen resolution or as a fully scalable Windows Metafile (WMF).
- Marked Text Fields - Marked text fields enable developers to build applications such as mail merge, where for example, (formatted) text is retrieved from a database.
- 64 bit Version - 64 bit processors can handle much more memory and larger files than their 32 bit pendants.
- Data Binding - Interface controls, such as buttons or dropdown menus of a Ribbon bar can be easily connected to TX Text Control without writing one single line of code.
- Programming Paragraphs - Programmatically iterate through and process paragraphs in a document. Available in headers and footers, text frames and main text body.
- Line and Character Operations - Line operations allows developers to process text line-by-line, access statistics such as number of characters in a line of text or the number of lines in a document.
- Multi-Language Support - All dialog boxes are shipped in English and German, however, they can be translated into any other language using the included resource files.
- Unicode - TX Text Control .NET for WPF offers full Unicode support, thus building applications for eastern languages is as simple as for the English / European languages.
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) - HTML documents can be loaded and saved, just as easily as other file formats. Use TX Text Control .NET for WPF to create true Intranet and Internet applications.
- Rich Text Format (RTF) - RTF offers unmatched interoperability with other word applications. Load and save documents to and from RTF.
TX Text Control .NET for WPF Professional and Enterprise Features
- Document Sections - Documents can be divided into an unlimited number of different sections, each one of which may be individually formatted.
- Hypertext Links - Hyperlinks can be defined within a TX Text Control .NET for WPF document, loaded from and saved to HTML files.
- Page Columns - Any number of columns can be inserted into one document. All aspects of the columns can be set with the shipped dialog box and from program code.
- Text Frames - Freely placeable and programmable text frames can be inserted and positioned as a character or geometrically relative to a paragraph or a page.
- Headers and Footers - Headers and footers are accessible from program code and are loaded from and saved to MS Word or RTF files.
- Microsoft Word Merge Fields - Import documents, containing Microsoft Word merge fields into TX Text Control .NET for WPF based applications.
- Microsoft Word (DOC) - Load and save documents from and to DOC format.
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) Export - Export directly to PDF with no further software or third party printer drivers. Exporting to PDF is as easy as saving to DOC, RTF etc.
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) Import - Import PDF documents into TX Text Control .NET for WPF and edit them just like all other word processing formats.
- Microsoft Office Open XML (DOCX) - Load and save documents from and to Microsoft Office Open XML (DOCX) format.
TX Text Control .NET for WPF Enterprise Features
- XML Programming - Developers can access a rich set of properties and methods to manipulate XML documents, while end-users can edit XML in a standardized WYSIWYG environment.
- Stylesheet Programming - Developers control stylesheets from program code. They can modify a set of predefined stylesheets within a document template or export these stylesheets separately.
- Adobe Portable Document Format Archive (PDF/A) Export - Export directly to PDF/A - the self-contained, device independent file format for the long-term archiving of page-oriented documents.
- Extensible Markup Language (XML) - XML truly separates content from formatting. TX Text Control .NET for WPF supports XML in conjunction with DTDs and CSS stylesheets.
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) - TX Text Control .NET for WPF uses CSS to render XML files. Different views of a document can be created by simply specifying another CSS file.
- Document Type Description (DTD) - When working with XML, TX Text Control .NET for WPF loads the corresponding DTD to ensure the end-user enters only data that is permitted in the DTD.
About Text Control (formerly The Imaging Source)
Text Control (formerly The Imaging Source) is a leading manufacturer of word processing components for Microsoft development technologies (ASP.NET, Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation and ActiveX). As a leader of word processing technologies, its products help thousands of developers add comprehensive word processing functionality to their applications. Using Text Control developer tools, documents can be created, edited, converted and printed. TX Text Control was introduced in 1991 and the company is 100% self-owned and independent of all investor decisions. With more than 45.000 licenses sold, in more than 80 countries, TX Text Control is a market leader in word processing components. A large number of Fortune 500 companies use TX Text Control in their products and it is part of several standard software packages. Text Control GmbH is a Microsoft Visual Studio Industry Partner and Embarcadero Technology Partner.