InstallAnywhere 2011 expands platform support
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), SUSE Linux 11.3 and Ubuntu 9.10 now supported.
Building an installer using InstallAnywhere.
InstallAnywhere is designed to install any kind of software -- desktop, enterprise, or multi-tiered Web services - onto any platform, and to configure those applications for optimal performance. Whether you're creating applications written in Java, C++, PERL, or C#, or deploying EJBs or .NET Web services, all of the installation details are handled automatically. InstallAnywhere Enterprise Edition simplifies complex installations and provides maximum developer customization, along with extensive user interaction, client/server features and localization for 31 languages (Enterprise Edition). InstallAnywhere is available in the following editions:
Updates in 2011
Enterprise and Standard Edition
- Expanded Platform Support - InstallAnywhere 2011 supports the latest and most updated platforms including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), SUSE Linux 11.3, Ubuntu 9.10, Solaris 11, HP-UX 11i, AIX 7.1, IBM i5/OS, Z/OS, RHEL 6 and Fedora 14.
- Enhanced Support for Third-Party Compression Algorithms - InstallAnywhere 2011 allows set up authors to expand 7-Zip (LZMA) and TAR compressed archives on their target system offering the ability to expand these archives in a fast and reliable manner.
- Complex Rule Expressions with Multiple Operators - InstallAnywhere 2011 provides the ability to write complex rule expressions (and/or/not) with the application logic. These complex rule expressions help set up authors to better mirror their complex business logic.
- Signed Installations - Installers now have the ability to have custom code archives or their dependencies as signed JARS. InstallAnywhere will extract files and make use of Java to verify the signature, ensuring the safety of these custom code JARS.
- IDE Enhancements - InstallAnywhere 2011 provides a list of preset variables that can eliminate manual entry and a table that allows quick viewing of all variables in a project. In addition, there is now a variable search and replace function that can be utilized in any of the installation tasks / phases to enable rapid changes.
Enterprise Edition Only
- Enhanced Merge Modules Features - InstallAnywhere 2011 Enterprise provides a single uninstaller that will work with your main project as well as any other merge modules. This new capability reduces potential uninstall errors and saves time for the set up author. A unified progress bar has been developed to show installation progress for all included components.
- Extended External Resource Bundle Support - External Resource Bundle support enables the localization of installer strings. Merge modules can now leverage the external resource bundles from the parent as well.
- Enhanced Installation Logging - Merge modules now have installation logs in addition to the parent log files. Developers also have the ability to consolidate the parent and merge module log files. All logging related settings have been consolidated into a single log settings task.
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Enhancements - InstallAnywhere 2011 Enterprise supports the latest versions of JVM for Sun, IBM, Apple and HP (ver 1.4x, 1.5x and 1.6x), with advanced search enhancements for the developer to put in their installer.
- JVM Download at Runtime - InstallAnywhere 2011 Enterprise provides the option to download a JVM from the Internet in real time if the JVM is not found on the end user machine. This capability not only saves time, but provides a smaller footprint for the installer package.
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software is a leading provider of strategic solutions for Application Usage Management; solutions delivering continuous compliance, optimized usage and maximized value to application producers and their customers. Flexera Software is trusted by more than 80,000 customers that depend on their comprehensive solutions—from installation and licensing, entitlement and compliance management to application readiness and enterprise license optimization—to strategically manage application usage and achieve breakthrough results realized only through the systems-level approach they provide.