Total Visual Code Tools supports MS Office 2010
Version 2010 also improves code cleanup, code delivery and handler tags.
Procedure Builder included with Total Visual Code Tools.
Total Visual Code Tools is a collection of professional code-centric tools and utilities to help ensure standards, reduce coding time, and eliminate errors. Ideal for cleaning up code in inherited projects: automatically add error handling, standardize formatting, apply variable naming conventions, etc. Integrated into the VB IDE, Total Visual Code Tools allows your entire development team to share and enforce a consistent set of coding standards.
Updates in 2010
- Supports Microsoft Office 2010, 32 bit Version - Total Visual CodeTools 2010 supports the 32 bit version of Microsoft Office 2010. It also supports Office 2000 through 2007, Visual Basic 6, and Windows 7 and earlier operating systems.
- VBA Code Parsing Supports Access/Office 2010 - The VBA code parser that underlies the Code Cleanup, Code Delivery, and Unused Variable Analysis supports the new code and syntax in Office 2010 including the use of conditional compilers (e.g. #IF.. #ELSE.. #ENDIF) that is common for developers supporting both 32 and 64 bit environments. For situations where the same variable is defined more than once based on the conditional compiler directives, the first definition is used (for Code Cleanup and Delivery).
- Code Cleanup and Code Delivery Allow Immediate Overwrite - After Total Visual CodeTools performs the analysis to cleanup or deliver your code, it prompts you to review the results before applying the changes. There is a new feature to let you bypass this step if no serious errors were encountered. This eliminates this step so the entire process is completed without intervention. It is especially useful if you’ve successfully performed this task on a project before.
- Code Cleanup Error Enabler and Handler Tags are Customizable - Total Visual CodeTools offers a feature to let you specify comment tags before and after each procedure’s error enabler and error handler so you can easily replace them if you decide to change your error management code.
- Copy Control Builder Supports Multiple Target Controls - You can now select multiple target controls and automatically generate the code you want to copy to all of them at one time.
- Long Text/SQL Builder Converts Tabs and Spaces - The Long Text/SQL Builder lets you retrieve the SQL string from the query of a database you specify. It also offers new options to simplify the conversion of SQL queries and text blocks to VB6/VBA code. Tabs can be automatically replaced by spaces, and extra spaces can be eliminated.
- Message Box Builder - The Message Box Builder has a new user interface that supports Windows 7. The system modal option is removed because a message box is always modal, and options for right justification and right-to-left read are added.
- Select Case Builder Supports Text Blocks and Numeric Ranges - The Select Case Builder now makes it easy to specify multiple case and variable assignment values. Simply paste a block of text with the values you want and the code is generated. You can also generate a numerical range of case values by specifying the start, end, and step values.
- Total Visual CodeTools Menu Location Options - By default, the Total Visual CodeTools menu appears on the main menu bar. Under Standards, you can change this so it resides under the Add-Ins or Tools menu instead.
- Tools Available During Debugging - Certain tools such as Clear Immediate Window and help are available when you are debugging your code. Previously, all the tools were disabled.
- Default Send To is Remembered - The setting for the default Send To option is no longer under Standards. Total Visual CodeTools automatically saves the last option you select for the next time you open a builder.
- Screens are Resizable - The forms for the builders and standards screen are now resizable to maximize their display on your screens.
- Redesigned Storage of Standards - Rather than a text file, the standards are now stored in an Access database. This eliminates some of the challenges supporting international languages and double byte characters. If you install Total Visual CodeTools 2010 on a machine which had Total Visual CodeTools 2007, the previous settings are automatically imported. Otherwise, use the [Import Legacy CTS File] button from the Standards options under Manage Settings.
FMS Founded in 1986, FMS is a privately held software firm located in Tysons Corner, Virginia. FMS is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and was recently recognized as an SD Times 100. The world’s leading developer of products for Microsoft Access developers, and a top vendor of products for the SQL Server, Visual Studio .NET and Visual Basic communities. FMS customers comprise of small to large organizations including 90 of the Fortune 100 and every US federal government department.