Merge Module Projects include support for IIS
Installshield 2012 Professional with Virtualization Pack also includes new end-user interface.
Creating an installer using Installshield 2012 Professional with Virtualization Pack.
Installshield 2012 Professional with Virtualization Pack allows you to create flexible installations quickly and easily across all Windows operating systems. InstallShield Professional with Virtualization Pack includes Microsoft App-V Support for Virtual Packages. Now when you build an MSI, InstallShield Professional can simultaneously build it as an App-V virtual package. It can also convert your legacy MSIs to App-V packages in minutes. The new App-V support is ideal for creating conflict-free product evals and for companies adopting application virtualization in their own environments.
Updates in 2012
- 64-Bit Enhancements: 64-Bit and 32-Bit Windows Installer packages can be combined into a single installation eliminating the need to deliver two separate installations or creating a custom launcher.
- Application Tagging: ISO 19770-2 software identification tag creation incorporated as part of the installation development process.
- Merge Module Projects: Merge Module Projects now include built-In support for IIS, text file changes, and XML file changes
- Read-write property RequiredExecutionLevel : The read-write property RequiredExecutionLevel has been added to the ISWiRelease object.
- Support for New Technologies: InstallShield includes several new InstallShield prerequisites that you can add to Basic MSI, InstallScript, and InstallScript MSI projects: Internet Explorer 9.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client 10.50.1600.1, Windows Identity Foundation, Microsoft VSTO 2010 Runtime (x64), Microsoft App-V 4.6 SP1 Desktop Client (Professional and Premier with Virtualization only) and Microsoft Office 2010 PIA
- Predefined System Searches: InstallShield has new predefined system searches: Adobe Reader 10, Internet Explorer 9, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft Office 2003
- New End-User Interface: An entirely new end-user interface and redesigned, modern built-in wizard pages give full control over installation customization.
- Monitoring for COM Extraction: InstallShield 2012 supports a new monitoring method for COM extraction.The method uses a kernel driver to monitor the areas of the registry that are modified during dynamic COM extraction at build time and static COM extraction at design time. It combines the advantages that the earlier methods provided, allowing the DLL to read existing registries entries and preventing changes to the build machine.
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software, the maker of InstallShield, is fully dedicated to powering the business of software for our customers. For over 25 years, Flexera's solutions have helped software and hardware producers and their customers maximize revenue, cut costs, and eliminate manual processes. Flexera Software provides solutions that power the business of software. By simplifying the business relationship between software/hardware producers and their customers, Flexera solutions have a 25-year history of maximizing the value of the software that the world develops and uses.