Direct Oracle Access launched
High performance Oracle access for Delphi and C++Builder developers.
Using Direct Oracle Access in RAD Studio.
Direct Oracle Access can help you to make a seamless integration between Delphi and C++Builder development environments and Oracle database systems. With the Direct Oracle Access component set for Delphi or C++Builder you can access any Oracle database directly, skipping the BDE. These easy to use components give you allow you to use all Oracle specific features, eliminating the distribution and configuration problems of the BDE.
- High performance - Both online transaction and batch processing applications can benefit from Oracle's performance features.
- Easy application distribution - A Direct Oracle Access application does not require middleware like the BDE or ODBC, it merely requires Oracle SQL*Net or Net8.
- Oracle Package support - Most PL/SQL code in Oracle databases is programmed in packages. Direct Oracle Access provides a TOraclePackage component that allows you to easily call packaged program units without detailed declarations of these program units and their parameters.
- TOracleDataSet - The dataset component in Direct Oracle Access supports Oracle record locking, record refreshing, server generated values, automatic sequence value generation, and BLOB compression.
- Query By Example mode - The TOracleDataSet component has a Query By Example mode that enables you to provide QBE Forms in your application without any additional programming, and without any additional components or controls.
- Oracle Monitor - To monitor the database access activities of your Direct Oracle Access application you can use the Oracle Monitor utility. It displays the SQL, variables, timestamp, elapsed time, network statistics, database statistics and query execution plan of each activity.
- Alert and Pipe events - The Oracle Server includes a dbms_alert and dbms_pipe package for event processing. The TOracleEvent in Direct Oracle Access can function as a receiver for these events.
- SQL scripts- If you need to execute many data definition language (DDL) statements, for example to perform the database installation part of your application, you can use the TOracleScript component. It has a property editor that allows you to develop the script and the individual commands.
- Advanced Queuing -To take advantage of the Advanced Queuing option of Oracle8 you can make use of the TOracleQueue component.
- Session Pooling - In server applications that frequently need to create sessions to process requests from client applications, it may be useful to use connection pooling.
- Support for Oracle specific features - Direct Oracle Access supports many Oracle specific features. Besides the features mentioned above, it supports Oracle8 and Oracle8i features like LOB Locators, Objects & References, XMLTYPE, Timestamps, Scrollable Queries, Password Expiration, External Procedure development, and the Oracle Services for MTS.
About Allround Automations
Allround Automations, based in Enschede, The Netherlands, is a privately held company, founded in 1989. Allround Automations is a leading provider of Oracle development tools, with more than 290,000 users at more than 40,000 companies and organizations in 147 countries.