by Desaware - Product Type: Component / Application / .NET WinForms / .NET Class / .NET Web Service / 100% Managed Code
Our regular prices are shown below. Please logon to see your discounted prices.
Our prices include ComponentSource technical support and, for most downloadable products, an online backup and a FREE upgrade to the new version if it is released within 30 days of your purchase. All sales are made on our standard Terms and Conditions and subject to our Return Policy. Please contact us if you require any licensing option not listed, including volume licensing and previous versions.
Our regular prices are shown above. Please logon to see your discounted prices.
What’s new in Desaware Licensing System V2.0?
- .NET 4.0 support (x32 and x64)
- Subscription expiration is built-in. Define default subscription expiration on an application basis or set the expiration by individual installation code. Installation codes can be set to expire even on applications that are not defined as subscription based.
- Disable installation codes. Individual installation codes can be disabled. When a code is disabled a certificate will still be issued that contains a flag indicating that the certificate is invalid. This can be used to "turn off" software.
- Support for "special" system identifiers that allow for some customization of comparison algorithms without the need to write a new comparison algorithm.
- Ability to attach arbitrary encrypted data to an installation or update request. Ideal for ecommerce scenarios.
- New EDLSC file format available for offline (non-Internet based) activation supports embedding of arbitrary encrypted data.
- Extend demo license certificates
- Included "locked modules" plugin (with source) allows definition of features or modules for an application, where an access password is generated for each one that is unique to each installation code
- Included "features" plugin (with source) allows attachment of text and number fields to installation codes and embedding of that data in certificates when issued.
- Plugin architecture allows addition of custom user tabs that integrate seamlessly with the built-in tabs (and in some cases can even override the built-in tabs, which are themselves just plugins).
- Option to use private SSL certificates for license server management (eliminating the need and cost for regular SSL certificates for management of license servers).
What’s new in Desaware Licensing System V1.6?
- Native WPF Code Entry Control - The version 1.6 machine license component includes a native WPF code entry control that is functionally compatible with the current Windows forms code entry control (.NET 3.5 framework required).
- FIPS Compliance - The version 1.6 machine license component is FIPS compliant. This functionality is enabled automatically and transparently on any system that enforces FIPS compliance through local policy. No changes are required to existing servers and the certificates created when FIPS compliance is enabled are identical to those created on other machines.
- More Flexible Server Licensing - The Desaware License Server is now also licensed for a domain/application on cloud/fallback server hosts. When you use the hosted installation feature to license a server, the domain/application root used to access the server will continue to work with that server even if it is running on different machines (as is common in cloud scenarios).
Using unique security features in the .NET Framework such as strong named assemblies and XML signatures, the Desaware Licensing System relies on end to end cryptographic techniques, avoiding the use of hidden files, registry entries and other traditional licensing schemes.
A selection of the new features in this product include:
- Incredibly easy to use. Learn and deploy in minutes
- No hidden files, registry entries, or background services needed
- End-to-end cryptographic based, avoids the need for 'secrets', and makes it possible to offer an optional full source code license to the technology
- Cryptographic certificate licensing avoids the need to modify the client system
- Supports licensing of partial-trust components once the licensing component is installed on a client system. Ideal for 'no-touch' deployment and web deployment scenarios
- Allows a variety of security levels from high (activation required), to low (activation optional) - allowing it to be used even on systems without full time internet connections
- Optional Deferred server activation - allows installation without an Internet connection, with activation following when a connection is available
- Simultaneous product registration supported
- Cryptographic techniques allow binding to systems without compromising privacy
- Includes server management tools, and the ability to tie in to any Framework compatible database
- Use to license an unlimited number of applications at no extra cost
The Desaware Licensing System is itself licensed on a per-server/development system basis using its own technology.
- Flexible security: Optional server activation for maximum security
- Includes activation web service, with management application (with source)
- Activation web service runs on any IIS machine
- Timed demo installation supported
- System identification algorithm can be completely customized
- LicenseProvider support offered for components - but not required
- Once the client component is installed in the GAC or installation directory, supports licensing of partially trusted software
- Encrypted connections to the activation server does not require SSL
- Tie into the database of your choice, or use the automatic defaults
The Desaware Licensing System is designed for per-machine licensing of applications or components. Installation codes are generated on a server for use during installation of Microsoft .NET Framework-based applications and components. During activation, the code is verified by the server before it issues a licensing certificate bound to the client machine. The Microsoft .NET Framework technology prevents techniques traditionally used to avoid licensing (modifying programs or substituting alternate licensing code). XML signatures prevent modification of the certificate, and certificates will only work on the machine for which they are created. The server controls how many systems each installation code supports, allowing for licensing multiple machines using a single installation code. The result is hardware quality security, without the use of external hardware.