by Dundas Data Visualization - Product Type: Component / ASP.NET WebForms / Silverlight / 100% Managed Code / AJAX
Please note: This page has been retired.
You can find current information from the links below
in Charting and Graphing
If you need to buy a license for this specific version, please contact us for availability and pricing.
Other information on this page is shown for historical reference only and may have changed considerably since.
Dundas Data Visualization has announced that Dundas Chart for ASP.NET Professional Edition is "End of Life", due to the acquisition of the codebase by Microsoft. You may buy new licenses for this product up to Oct 31, 2010, after that date new licenses will no longer be available. Dundas will then continue to support this product until Oct 31, 2011. Dundas plan to continue developing and supporting a new product range called Dundas Dashboard.
What’s new in Dundas Chart for ASP.NET?
- Now supports Visual Studio 2010
What’s new in Dundas Chart V7.1? - V7.1 fixes these issues:
- AlwaysRecreateHotregions="True" in WinForms templates or templates generated by Chart Builder causes the Exception Can't deserialize property. Unknown property name "AlwaysRecreateHotregions" in object Dundas.Charting.WebControl.Chart" when de-serialized in ASP.NET Chart. This property only exists in the WinForms Chart. The ASP.NET Chart ignores this property by default now.
- Chart .NET: Stacked Column + 3D throws an Index was out of range exception when series have a different number of data points
- The accumulation distribution formula is incorrect; if open and close are the same it will divide by zero. A friendlier exception message is thrown when this happens.
- Flash charts did not draw with wmode=transparentproperty set inside the <object> tag in the rendered HTML. This cause them to be always drawn on top of all other elements on the page. FlashAlwaysOnTop property added. If set to false it will add the wmode property to allow other DHTML objects to draw on top of the Flash
- Pie chart does not collect slices when using Turkish culture
- Grouping by 3 months leaves the first month out if it is on the first day of the period.
- Chart should not assume XValueIndex with all 0 datapoints. IndexWhenXIsZero added. When set to false and all points have an x-value of 0, the points will not index but all draw at 0
What’s new in Dundas Chart V7.0?
- Silverlight Add-On - Version 7 gives developers a novel wrapper for letting you use a new or existing chart project in Silverlight applications. All your favorite interactive ASP.NET features are retained and even enhanced, including real-time charting, advanced tooltips for images & text, drill down, full hit testing, annotations and much more.
What's new in Dundas Chart for .NET V6.x?
- Optimized For Visual Studio 2008 - You can now utilize the next generation of Microsoft technology
- New Rose Chart Styles - Two new Rose Chart types have been added: Stacked and Radial Gap. Both requested by Dundas customers, Stacked allows you to display one set of data atop another for a more versatile Rose Chart. The Radial Gap offers the option of providing a hole in the center of the Rose Chart - a subtle change, but it offers a similar visual difference in the way a Pie Chart can become a Doughnut Chart
- Vertical Column Labels - A new attribute for 2D column charts, labels can now be painted vertically inside the column, adding greater flexibility when considering labels
- Data Point Label Offset Attribute - With Chart 6.1, you can now customize the exact offset of the data point to the label. It's just another way for Dundas Chart to ensure you have the exact look you want
- Server Scroll Events For AJAX - Developers can now handle chart scroll events on the server side, since the server now intelligently manages AJAX requests. This optimizes the user experience by providing more responsiveness and more bandwidth efficiency. It also better utilizes server resources
- New Custom Colors Property - Custom colors can now be applied for each point individually, giving your charts more visual features and versatility
What's new in Dundas Chart for .NET V6.0?
- Chart Builder - The new Chart Builder lets developers and non- developers alike, quickly create, modify and enhance new and existing charts with just a few clicks. With full import/export abilities, and more.
- New Palettes - Dundas Chart has added new 11 new Color palettes to the original Dundas Chart Palettes. These Palettes include Acid Wash, Art Deco, Dundas Dark, Kindergarten, Milkshake, Mild Day, Rainbow Vapors, Tanzanite, Tan, Vegas, and Water Lilies.
- Multiple Axis Support -Multiple Axis allows for greater control and flexibility when dealing with data. Each sub axis can be customized using its properties to meet your needs.
What's new in V5.5x?
- AJAX Implementation with Zooming/Scrolling Functionality on the web.
- Web based User Interface using AJAX with interactive:
- Property Pages
- Context Menus
- Interactive Toolbars
- Scale Breaks
- Legend Enhancements
- New 2D/3D Visualizations
Whats new in Dundas Chart for ASP.NET Professional V5.0?
- Visual Studio 2005 Features Including
- Full Visual Studio 2005 Integration
- Smart Tags
- High Level Data Binding
- Debugging Display
- Data Series Visualizer
- Side by side installation for Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 - To ensure a smooth transition between Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005, Version 5.0 offers separate installations for each development platform
- Custom label enhancements - New to Version 5.0, developers can associate a custom label to an image, a tooltip, an HREF or even an object
- Improved Data Labeling - Developers now have the opportunity to seperate different groups of data using distinct boxes, improving readability
- Enhanced sample framework - With new samples, added gallery images, expanded overviews and accompanying screenshots, the sample framework is easier than ever before to get you started with Dundas Chart for .NET
What's new in V4.5?
- Included in Version 4.5 are several exciting new chart types including Pyramid, Funnel, Polar and FastLine(TM)
- New User Interface functionality is also available in the latest release, consisting of Toolbars, Property Pages, Context Menus and Chart Commands. Other additions include Data Point Label Customization as well as the inclusion of a Custom Attribute Builder
What's New in V4.1
- Extended Data Binding - Existing Data Binding functionality has been extended to provide greater flexibility in series binding, allowing automatic data binding of charts to data sources based on the data provided
- Optimized Smart Client Security Requirements - Use Dundas Chart and Smart Client controls in an Intranet environment without any needed changed to permissions, and with slight modifications in an Internet environment
Dundas Chart Version 4.0 adds new features such as:
Chart template support - Create a chart with the look and feel you want, save the appearance properties, or the full chart as a template and use them on future charts to save time, and ensure consistency.
Other new features
- Specify a separate color for each of the custom axis label text and markings
- More control of the drawing width of data points
- New samples (VB and C#)
- Significantly improved performance. We've made version 4.0 much faster, especially with large data sets
What's new in V3.6?
Smart Data Labels
Smart Data Labels allow for less cluttered displays of data points, with a multitude of settings to get just the look you need. Get collision free data point labels with version 3.6.
New Marker Styles
Version 3.6 has 4 new Marker Styles. Now use 4, 5, 6 and 10 sided stars to help mark data points on your charts.
Axis Grouping Labels
Add an additional 10 rows of labels for enhanced data-grouping functionality.
What's new in V3.5?
Chart and Data Wizard TM
- It has been seriously enhanced by adding a new data wizard in addition to some great new Chart Wizard functionality.
Data Binding Feature
- Dundas Chart for .NET version 3.5 now provides a second means of Binding to your Data with the addition of Design-Time data binding. This augments the Run-Time data binding method.
Multiple Legend Items
- Create multiple chart legend items with the latest version of Dundas Chart. They can be auto or custom positioned with custom attributes making them very versatile
Range Column Chart Type
- Similar to a Gantt chart, but positioned vertically, the new Range Column chart type offers yet another available chart type.
Chart Area Auto Alignment
- Automatically align chart areas vertically, or horizontally
Dundas Chart Version 3.1 adds new features such as:
- Dundas Chart Wizard
- Cylinder Charts
- Interlaced strip lines
- Comprehensive statistical analysis formula support
- Interval properties for the axes
- Automatically fitted font for all axes labels
- New samples (VB and C#)
What's new in V3.0?
- Perspective to all 3D charts
- Simplistic and Realistic Lighting Effects to help customize chart look and feel
- Chart Rotation on X and Y axis
- Point Depth - make the points up to 10 times as wide
- Gap Depth - Make the gap between series up to 10 times as wide
- Chart Wall Width - Yet another variable that you can set
What's new in V2.0?
Smart Client Functionality
- Real Time Charting
What's new in V1.6?
- 3D Border Skins
- Several new chart types
- 100% stacked column
- 100% stacked bar
- 100% stacked area
- Client Side Image Maps
- Client Side Tooltips
- Paint and Backpaint events for enhanced chart customization
Here are some examples of the different things that come with the Professional Edition.
Chart Types Available include:
- Stacked Bar
- Stacked Column
- Stacked Area
- Stock Chart (High/Low)
- Spline Area
- Chart Customization
- Advanced Background drawing support : Use images, solid colors, textures, gradients or transparencies. These features can be used on the background, chart area, as well as on the chart image itself
- Shadowing, anti-aliasing and alpha blending to help you get the exact look that you are looking for
- Pre-defined colour palettes
- Custom colours and line styles
- Data point markers and labels in different shapes and sizes including custom. Use a different marker for each data point, the choice is up to you
- Add Multiple Chart Areas
- Automatic and axis scales
- Automatic axis label sizing and positioning makes sure that the labels fit perfectly into place. Size and position can be set to automatic, or set manually
- Set the position of the X and Y axis to display the data the way you require
- Vertical and horizontal grid lines (customizable by colour, transparency and line style)
- Major and minor grid lines, with full control over grid colours and look and feel
- 2 level axis labels to make the way you display your data easier to interpret
- Advanced axis label formatting
- A variety of different legend styles, with full control over look and feel
- Highly customizable legend (ie. custom legend items)
- Automatic sizing of labels and legends to fit the chart area
Data Population Features:
- HTML tags at design-time
- Flexible and comprehensive API
- Data Binding to different data sources including DataSet, DataView, DataReaders, XML, HTML, Arrays, Collection, and more
- Advanced drill down capabilities
- Supports several charts types in one to give you added flexibility in displaying your data
- Image generation (export as JPEG, BMP or PNG)
- Layout manager for automatic positioning of charts
- Strip line support for highlighting specific data (i.e. weekends, etc)
- Takes full advantage of Visual Studio's design time support
- Empty data point support
- Direct Binary Streaming feature